Brilliance of the Seas August 31st 2010

philair

This is my first try posting a message with Cruise Critic so please be patient with me!!

Regarding our cruise - we have been to Rome before so fancy doing something different on that day. Anybody got any ideas or better still want to do something together ?

We shall also be in Barcelona on Monday before the cruise and we want to see the most we can. We thought of taking a taxi to places that we choose rather than taking the standard open buses. Anybody want to join us ?

Phil and Judith:)

This is my first try posting a message with Cruise Critic so please be patient with me!!

Regarding our cruise - we have been to Rome before so fancy doing something different on that day. Anybody got any ideas or better still want to do something together ?

We shall also be in Barcelona on Monday before the cruise and we want to see the most we can. We thought of taking a taxi to places that we choose rather than taking the standard open buses. Anybody want to join us ?

Phil and Judith:)

Hi Phil,

I have been on here an even shorter time than you but I do believe you should go to the Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle boards and then click on your ship and sailing date. Then you will be talking with people who will actually be on your sailing. Have a great cruise.

Hi Phil,

I have been on here an even shorter time than you but I do believe you should go to the Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle boards and then click on your ship and sailing date. Then you will be talking with people who will actually be on your sailing. Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the tip:o

Just staying onboard can be very pleasant, my son and I did this on the BOS last summer, when my husband took our daughter to Rome for the first time.

It was nice to have the ship's facilities virtually to oneself, as most people get off. However, if you did want to go somewhere then it's best to chat on the meet and mingle board, as already suggested

As for Barcelona, you could share a taxi with other cruisers, but it's a big city and unless you could barter a fee it could prove very expensive. If you have the time, I'd recommend the Bus Turistica, which offers three routes and gurantees you see at least some of the main attractions within a couple of hours - you could do two routes if you started early enough

Have fun :)

Archived