GSC - Anywhere to leave belongings while swimming?

2NattyFans

Husband and I will be stopping at GSC in late April on the Jewel. I was wondering what people do with camaras, beach bags, towels while enjoying the water. Are there lockers? Do you just leave everything on the beach and hope for the best when you return from the water?

Check around the boards before you go-- it seems like there's a few more secluded and private areas that you can hit on the other side of the island (if you don't mind a walk.)

I was at GSC a couple of years ago (and I've heard they've attempted to build it up more, but that's why you should do more research...) and it was the singular most unpleasant experience of the trip.

You're right-- the main beach areas are crowded. Crowded actually doesn't even begin to cover it. If you like other people's things not to be overlapping yours and if you like not hitting someone's hairy leg while laying on the beach, GSC is NOT for you. I am being quite literal, too. There was actually no sand between blankets. You had to walk on people's stuff to get to the food (which is the same as on the ship, only less variety) and bathrooms.

I expected it to be packed, but yikes! And YUCK.

I hope it's better now than it was, because I've read some really positive things since. if I go back with NCL, I'm definitely going to be checking out how to find the other side's beaches...

Archived