dinner menu

hi has anyone got a dinner menu wiuld love to see one. is the food ok in main resturant many thanks.:)

Hi calconnick + Janet

I agree the food is very good we have been on the Spirit and the Celebration.

We ate in the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner every day. Loved both but found the food was even better on the Celebration. Only thing I didn't like on the Celebration was Zilli's but that was only because not much choice for me.:( Hubby loved it. Heard this has now gone back to Mistrals so will def. be trying this in May.:)

Mary

We've been on the Destiny, Spirit and the Emerald. On all ships the dinner in the main dining room has been excellent. If the waiters bring you something and you don't like it they will change it without a fuss. There is usually 3 starters, 2/3 soups, salad of the day, 4/5 main courses and 4/5 desserts. There's also tea and coffee.

Hi calconnick + Janet

I agree the food is very good we have been on the Spirit and the Celebration.

We ate in the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner every day. Loved both but found the food was even better on the Celebration. Only thing I didn't like on the Celebration was Zilli's but that was only because not much choice for me.:( Hubby loved it. Heard this has now gone back to Mistrals so will def. be trying this in May.:)

Mary

Hello Mary, I felt the same about Zilli's - rather too much sea-food and Italian 'feel' to the menu to my tastes. But as you mention, it's gone now and re-opened as Mistrals (which is what it was known as before Zillis) and I think the menu looks more varied and appealing (of course this is very personal). When it was Zillis, it didn't seem too busy but when we were on recently, Mistrals seemed to be quite popular - one couple we met went twice in one week they were so impressed.

As everyone else has said, we've always found a good choice and lovely food on Destiny, Spirit and Celebration (in the main dining room and the Lido) - no complaints at all, except for the expanding waistline :eek: ! I'm sure you will find something to your taste, calconnik and will enjoy the fare on offer. Enjoy! :)

Extract from dinner menu, Thomson Celebration, Norway Cruise, September 2008

Appetiser

Spiced Roasted Pork Tenderlion

Scotch Egg

Mushroom and Champagne Risotto (v)

Soup

Cream of Carrot (v)

Kjotsupa (Icelandic lamb)

Salads

Mixed Greens, Grilled Ham, Pineapple, Cheddar Cheese, Tomato and Pepper

Panache of Spring Salad with Celery, Olives, Radish and Fruit segments

Main course

Linguine Pasta Frutti di Mare

Ysarullet (Finnish fish roll with anchovy)

Veal Cordon Bleu

Chicken Bourguignonne

Roast Striplion of Beef

Baked aubergines (v)

Desserts

Chocolate Amaretto Cake

Dutch Apple Pie

Warm Fig and Almond Pudding

Vanilla, Strawberry and Pistachio Ice Creams and Sorbet

Chilled Fresh Fruits

Our Selection of International Cheeses

Sugar Free

Red Wine Poached Pear

I have missed out all the accompaniments etc plus you can have other stuff e.g. baked potato with everything etc etc

Menu changes daily plus a wide range of stuff in the Lido buffet.

Do you also have alternatives, for example on P&O which is the only other cruise line I have sailed with, if you dont fancy any of the starters, Melon is always available. Mail meal, you always have the choice of Steak, Roast Chicken, or Salmon as alternative's, irrespective of what the main menue states. It also also printed on the menu that these are available as alternatives:D

I have heard stories of some people who order ordered steak, nearly every night. :eek:

Extract from dinner menu, Thomson Celebration, Norway Cruise, September 2008

Appetiser

Spiced Roasted Pork Tenderlion

Scotch Egg

Mushroom and Champagne Risotto (v)

Soup

Cream of Carrot (v)

Kjotsupa (Icelandic lamb)

Salads

Mixed Greens, Grilled Ham, Pineapple, Cheddar Cheese, Tomato and Pepper

Panache of Spring Salad with Celery, Olives, Radish and Fruit segments

Main course

Linguine Pasta Frutti di Mare

Ysarullet (Finnish fish roll with anchovy)

Veal Cordon Bleu

Chicken Bourguignonne

Roast Striplion of Beef

Baked aubergines (v)

Desserts

Chocolate Amaretto Cake

Dutch Apple Pie

Warm Fig and Almond Pudding

Vanilla, Strawberry and Pistachio Ice Creams and Sorbet

Chilled Fresh Fruits

Our Selection of International Cheeses

Sugar Free

Red Wine Poached Pear

I have missed out all the accompaniments etc plus you can have other stuff e.g. baked potato with everything etc etc

Menu changes daily plus a wide range of stuff in the Lido buffet.

Thanks so much, have found it really difficult to find this sort of details of Thomson's menus.:)

Do you also have alternatives, for example on P&O which is the only other cruise line I have sailed with, if you dont fancy any of the starters, Melon is always available. Mail meal, you always have the choice of Steak, Roast Chicken, or Salmon as alternative's, irrespective of what the main menue states. It also also printed on the menu that these are available as alternatives:D

I have heard stories of some people who order ordered steak, nearly every night. :eek:

I always found something good on the menu so I don't really know if they offer alternatives. There is nothing printed on the menu but I know they do try to cater for special diets.

Archived