Something Nice To Say..

Pokeynose

about Guest Relations. :)I emailed HAL GR about a complaint I had. I was supposed to have a wheelchair to take me up the ramp to the ship. I was told it would be a two hour wait even though my TA faxed them my request well in advance. It was MY decision not to wait. It was hard to climb the ramp, took me a long time and I know the people behind me were inconvenienced but they had the choice to go around me as I kept the the right. I got a letter yesterday from the Office of the President apologizing. She said there are only 6 staff members taking pax up on wheelchairs and that on that day there were more pax needing WC than normal. I was very polite in my email, not asking or expecting any compensation since things like this happen but I felt they should know. We were given a dinner in the Pinnacle Grill on our next cruise which I will thank Ms. Mantz for.:) I wanted to give credit to HAL since I have been reading some negative remarks on here lately.

I'm glad you received a response. However, a two-hour wait for wheelchair assistance? That is beyond incredible to me. Did they have a hundred folks needing wheelchairs to get up the ramp? I really don't see how it should have (or could have) taken that long.

I'm glad you received a response. However, a two-hour wait for wheelchair assistance? That is beyond incredible to me. Did they have a hundred folks needing wheelchairs to get up the ramp? I really don't see how it should have (or could have) taken that long.

I know one way it happens, as it's happend to me in both directions.

The stewards returning with an empty wheelchair are stopped by someone who needs (or thinks they need) one---someone who has not made arrangements beforehand and is already on their way on/off the ship. The steward assists them, without ever making it back to the starting point, and the people waiting their turn.

Twice (once in each direction) I have given up waiting because it was getting to be so long. When disembarking the Rotterdam in November I was in the waiting area well in advance, but they were at least 4 numbers (and 45 minutes) past mine when I gave up.

Yes, I, too, did stop a steward with a wheelchair when I was half-way down.

The stewards need to be under a strict rule that they return to the holding area to get their next assignment.

Archived