Car rental in Skagway

jimiam

After reading several posts I had pretty much decided to rent a car and drive to carcross and Emerald lake. But now I have read severa ladditional posts stating that you can not bring a car rented into the US into Canada. Can anyone tell me if I would be allowed to bring a rental into canada.

thanks.

We rented a car in Skagway late May of 2003. Its no problem unless you are a Candian citizen. I have no idea what the problem is but it has something to do with Canadian law. We drove up to Carcross and Emerald lake and the trip was very interesting. We saw 6 bears along the road on the way back. It was really pretty funny...the wife really freaked out. We survived no one was eaten by the bears. I think the car run about $60 and was rented at Avis. The ladies there were a big help. Tim and Cathy

Norwegian Sky Alaska 05/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Meditterean 05/04

The following statement was received from Avis when I asked them if I would be allowed to rent a car and drive it into Canada.

That rule only applies to Canadain residents so as long as you have passports(for non U.S.)or two pieces of I.D. for U.S. you will have no problems if children are with you they will need birth certificates.

When you pick up your car we will supply you with maps,directions,and points of interest. I hope this helps you. If you have other questions I work for Avis in Sitka and you can call us at (907)966-2404.Thank-you Lori

Archived