Too Heavy for Helicopter

bearrabbit

Well, I guess that explains why neither you nor I could find it. It doesn't exist. Even what you quote doesn't say it exists. What it says is "Passenger names and weights are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting" That is an FAA requirement. The rest is the excursion company's policy. It wasn't to satisfy my rant, as you so nicely put it, it was so I'd know where to voice my displeasure in a stupid policy that does not apply in my case. If it was a FAA regulation I'd retract my statements and make apology where necessary.

As for how to spend my vacation or my planning time I'm glad I have your permission to eliminate things that aggravate me. If it were only that easy. I know full well that I may or may not spend my money where I choose. My belief is that one should NEVER, EVER accept things as they are, if they believe them to be wrong. I hope to leave the world a better place Calee. While this issue is not of the same weight as one that effects all of man kind I hope some day you learn that accepting things as they are is very dangerous.

I came here seeking understanding of why this rule should effect my pocket book. No one here has shown why the excursion company needs to charge this is my case. I may be the exception but if that is so I should be granted an exemption. The closest I came to honesty so far from a carrier was one that was 100% honest. I was told that, in my case, there would be no need to charge extra but they would stick to the policy because it is the policy and it's easier to follow the policy than make exemptions. I would be charged the extra 1/2 person and they would only carry 5 people on my flight. I appreciated that honesty and if I do go on a helicopter excursion I'll choose this carrier (assuming he'd still have me) because of how he handled my questions in an honest and professional manner.

At the risk of shooting myself in my future foot may I suggest you read more carefully or know what you are talking about the next time you make a claim. If you say something is an FAA regulation, make sure it is.

As for me, I've modified my stance a small amount. In some cases it is greed, in others it is simply easier to run their business by not making exceptions under any conditions.

"Special note for helicopters: Passenger names and weights are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting. Due to weight and balance limitations and to ensure comfort, the helicopter excursion companies have advised that passengers weighing 250 pounds or more will be charged for an additional 1/2 seat. These rules and restrictions do not apply to floatplanes."

Mrfred I'm not going to spend anymore time searching for the FAA regulation number to satisfy your rant but I'd like to add that the many of the same "greedy"helicopter tour companys also provide Flightseeing on floatplanes.As noted above the weight restriction isn't applied for floatplanes.

Archived