Royal Caribbean Stateroom Decorations

I will be cruising for my honeymoon next weekend and thought of buying the stateroom decorations with Cake package for the trip. Anyone had their stateroom decorated by RC? Is it worth it? If you board early are the decorations already in place?

Navigator of the Seas Honeymoon Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL 2/99

CARNIVAL ECSTASY 3/02

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS 6/04

We have a group of 76pp going on the same cruise. You will see us at kareoke everynite. We have people from Md, Ga ,Tx, Fl and AZ going ages 12-70. Alot of us are getting the cabin decorations for Anniversary, Birthday and just Bon Voyage. They will have them in the cabin before we board. I have read its a nice thing to do for $29. Some people take their own decorations and do it themself but its your honeymoon ...GO FOR IT!!!!

We were traveling with a group of friends last December who pitched in and had our stateroom decorated. We blew the surprise as our room was NOT ready when we got on the ship. Our stateroom attendant was still putting up the decorations when we walked in; to say the least, our friends who were watching us, were somewhat disappointed.

With that said, we were among the first group to board the ship. And the decoations, after all was said and done, were nice. Our friends I believe paid $29 but I'm not sure. There was NO cake. But there were streamers, balloons and a door decoration. You're really paying for the "surprise" factor, not the decorations.

If you're planning to surprise someone, I'd recommend wating until 2pm. We were on the ship at 1pm, and things were NOT in place on the Navigator. You might have better luck. Most things I've read here at CC suggest this type of thing is very inconsistent - for some, it's ready to go immediately, while others have to request things be set up - really ruins the surprise, I think.

Suzi

05 July 2004 Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Carnival Pride

20 February 2005 Mariner of the Seas CC Group Cruise

I'd go for the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne instead. You can get reg or non-alcoholic champagne.

Our travel agent sent us the strawberries and champagne package the last time we cruised and it was the best surprise.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04 !!

Iceman,

My DH surprised me by having our stateroom decorated by RCI when we left from our home port of San Diego. It was very nice, with streamers and such and we left it up all week. (it also helped us to find our room as there was a sign on the door too).

We had the cake also, and it said "Bon Voyage" on it with icing.

Your bride might like the champagne and strawberries package, but I liked the decorations because it lasted longer.

I suppose it depends on your cabin steward. Ours was fantastic and did an excellent job. He also had everything in place before we boarded.

He also paid attention to little things, such as rinsing out our cruise shot glasses when we were out of the room. If you tip your cabin steward up front, you tend to get a little more attention.

I hope that this helps.

Majestic: Oct. '89

Rhapsody of the Seas: May '01

Golden Princess: Dec. '01

Until Navigator---May 15, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I would do it! Our TA surprised us with decorations and a cake for our Honeymoon. We kept them up all week as well! Congratulations!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the Mariner and the Rock Wall !!

Last time we were on the Explorer we pre-ordered "Bon Voyage" decorations. We kept them up all week too but the depressing part was throwing them in the garbage the night before we left- we realized its cute to do it once that's it.

Explorer 10/10/2004 Here we go again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

QUESTIONS?? How do you arrange the strawberries and chanpagne or the decorations? Does the TA do that or is there a way to do so on the RC website? Same for beauty salon appointments, do you need to arrange upon arrival on the ship? Also, does anyone know if they do nail fills (only in the event of a nail disaster)?

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi,

I ordered the birthday decorations and also the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for my husband (Empress of the Seas 5/15 sailing). The decorations were set up when we arrived (around 2 p.m.). Champagne and strawberries were delivered later the first evening out. I thought it was well worth it - and my husband was really surprised! I ordered through an 800# from the RCI website.

Cathy

Archived