Late Evening Arrival to Orlando

PirateGal

Just wondering if someone can give me some advice on this situation: We are flying into Orlando on the Friday night before our cruise on the Dream on Saturday. We arrive at MCO at 11:00pm.

Should we rent a car and drive immediately to Port Canaveral or should we stay in Orlando and make the drive in the morning? Staying in Orlando would mean a cheaper hotel room but having to make the drive to Port Canaveral in the morning. Staying in Port Canaveral means being able to sleep in a bit before we board but a late arrival on Friday night.

stay in Orlado and drive Saturday ... the drive is a piece of cake unless you hit a GREAT summer surfing weekend, then the traffic from Orlando might be a wee bit ... but never killer.

if it were me I'd sleep in and not plan to arrive at the port b4 noon to avoid all the "me first" crowd. Board at 1 and they'll still be serving lunch. . .

stay in Orlado and drive Saturday ... the drive is a piece of cake unless you hit a GREAT summer surfing weekend, then the traffic from Orlando might be a wee bit ... but never killer.

if it were me I'd sleep in and not plan to arrive at the port b4 noon to avoid all the "me first" crowd. Board at 1 and they'll still be serving lunch. . .

Listen to the Captian!

Archived