Lifeboat drill over before departing Port Canaveral?

jpmaximus

For those of you who have recently sailed out of Port canaveral i was wondering if the lifeboat drill ended before the ship departed? I sailed last year and i was so upset because we left port while i was sitting in the show lounge waiting for the drill to end.

all the cruises ive been on the drill has ended just in time to run back to your cabin, rip off the life vest and run up to the lido deck just in time to watch the boat sail away

New rule -

Now you don't have to take the life vest with you to the Safety Drill.

all the cruises ive been on the drill has ended just in time to run back to your cabin, rip off the life vest and run up to the lido deck just in time to watch the boat sail away

At least that is a step saved now that life jackets are not required.:)

For those of you who have recently sailed out of Port canaveral i was wondering if the lifeboat drill ended before the ship departed? I sailed last year and i was so upset because we left port while i was sitting in the show lounge waiting for the drill to end.

Just off the Spriit 2/7 sailing. We departed San Diego on Super Bowl Sunday. To my surprise our life boat drill was not until Monday morning at 10:00am. Many people were upset about the timing of that life boat drill also, I guess they didn't want to get up early. Why don't they just scrap the lifeboat drill for past cruisers?

Our Jan 17th cruise out of Port Canaveral, the ship began moving before muster was complete. Only a few minutes, however.

Feb 4th cruise out of Port Canaveral, we finished muster & made it to the top deck just as the ropes were dropped for us to sail.

Leave the life jacket in your cabin, but bring your camera to muster !

Was on the Dream in Jan. The drill was at 3:30 and lasted about 15 minutes. No jacket required and was held inside at different locations. Was done way before we left port canaveral....:rolleyes:

Hope it is also this way when I sail her. I hate not being able to watch and enjoy sail away.

Archived