What do you think of the PARADISE?

wizard-of-roz

Thank you for this thread. We are sailing on Paradise on April 5th. Didn't care about the ports of call. Just wanted something for a quick trip. Didn't want the three night as didn't want the party atmosphere. It's me and my two kids.

To the OP - how does Carnival treat you with your service dog? I have always wondered as I know animals are not ok but service animals would have to be per the ADA, but I have never seen a dog on a ship yet...

Laurie,

Our very first Carnival cruise with Brenda, my Service Dog, was in 2006. it was awful. They didn't put the "potty box" in a good place, it was small with a very tall lip; it was on the top deck that had to be accessed by stairs and the filler for the box were these horribly hard pellets that Brenda would not step on. [Labs have webbed toes and the pellets would hurt her every time she took a step!] :(

We insisted that they move the box and refill it with more appropriate stuff. I told them that we had just been on Princess and that they used a 5x5 wooden box, with a 8 inch lip, filled with wood shavings and that it was placed in a stairwell, away from other guests and very convenient to our cabin.

They literally sent a crew member off the ship to get some "dirt" [we were docked in San Diego - and it was before debarkation], he brought back two buckets full of dirt, they moved the box to an outside deck [where guests would be allowed to smoke].....the filler was perfect but smoking guests thought it was a huge ash tray to dispose of their cigarettes!!!!! :mad:

After two days of picking up cigarette butts and trash out of her potty box.......we were given a letter of apology; a big sign was placed over her potty box; and we were given a gift certifcate to try Carnival again at a 50% discount off our next cruise, within a year.

We did go again and, boy was it different for Brenda onboard Carnival on that cruise and every cruise thereafter! :)

They just needed some guidance on what to do and I was happy to teach them! ;)

How was the Splendor with Brenda? Hopefully the Paradise will be similar as she sails out of the same port. There are several out of the way areas for her 'duty' box.

The Splendor was "Splendiferous!" I love that ship. She's huge and definitely needs more than one trip to see all of her but we had such a great time and Carnival has the "potty-box" and the treatment of Service Dogs down to a science. They were wonderful from the time we boarded to the time we exited. So helpful, so pleasant.......I bought some FCC's and can't wait to get back on a Carnival cruise.

You know how a cruise can be made or broken by the other guests you're onboard with? We had the most wonderful and friendly group of people on this cruise......it truly makes a difference in the experience! ;)

wizard-o-roz - Glad to hear Brenda and you were treated much better after the first cruise. It does sound like they finally understand what to do now, where to place her 'box' and how to treat you. Love that you have special formal collars for her too.. :)

I can report back more when we sail on April 5th too.

Archived