Crown Princess Deck Plans

senunit

Hi, we are traveling on the Crown Princess this March 2010 and we finally got assigned our staterooms via inside stateroom guarantee. We were assigned room R220 and based on the ship lay out, it appears to be located on the 'Riviera' Deck. This is our first time on Princess and by the looks of it, this room is located on the 14th floor. As loyal Royal cruisers, the 14th floor seems odd to us, because on the Royal ships we've been on that would be considered the pool deck and above.

As thus, my question to the Princess cruisers is if you have stayed on a high floor before and how the experience was. I could see certain positives out of this, but Id certainly like to hopefully hear some reassurance, if its warranted that is. Please advise also if it is very shaky/turbulent on such a high floor as compared to a room on a lower floor.

Any advice would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.

Hi, we are traveling on the Crown Princess this March 2010 and we finally got assigned our staterooms via inside stateroom guarantee. We were assigned room R220 and based on the ship lay out, it appears to be located on the 'Riviera' Deck. This is our first time on Princess and by the looks of it, this room is located on the 14th floor. As loyal Royal cruisers, the 14th floor seems odd to us, because on the Royal ships we've been on that would be considered the pool deck and above.

As thus, my question to the Princess cruisers is if you have stayed on a high floor before and how the experience was. I could see certain positives out of this, but Id certainly like to hopefully hear some reassurance, if its warranted that is. Please advise also if it is very shaky/turbulent on such a high floor as compared to a room on a lower floor.

Any advice would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.

Well, technically, it's the 13th deck, but no Princess ships have a deck 13 :rolleyes: . We had a Lido deck cabin on the Caribbean Princess and noticed some movement. I'm sure the lower you are the less apparent motion there will be... It didn't bother us in the least. And yes, being that high up is nice since you are close to the pool deck and the buffet...

We have been on the Crown twice ( and will be again next month), and have stayed on the Lido deck each time, so it's the upper most passenger deck and forward as well. Yes, my understanding is you feel a bit more of the movement than you would lower and more to the middle of the ship, but it has never been anything that has bothered us.

Mike

Archived