Just Off Ruby 2/19

JEH

Just returned from the Ruby Southrn Caribbean Cruise which ended 2/18. Here are my impressions and Observations :

The cruise was wonderful, the ship was very clean and the food srved was best we've had since we began taking Valentines cruises four years ago. The ports visited were some of the best we have been to. I would recomend the On Deck Ocean Yatch Racing Experience in St Thomas and the Aireal Tram Tour in Dominica. Grenda is such a lovely island so take a Scences of Grenda tour and snorkel off Anse Beach in Bonaire.

The Princess staff went out of its way to host many fun activities but the best was the FREE , yes, FREE , wedding vow renewal cermoney on Valentines Day in the Piazza presided over by the Ruby's captain. Each couple was given a copy of the vows to be read and also a certificte of vow renewal. I thought this was going to be hokey but after seeing all the couples many of which were much older than my wife and I, it touched my heart and like many of the men I wept while participating. Thanks Ruby Princess for a great cruise.

Just returned from the Ruby Southrn Caribbean Cruise which ended 2/18. Here are my impressions and Observations :

The cruise was wonderful, the ship was very clean and the food srved was best we've had since we began taking Valentines cruises four years ago. The ports visited were some of the best we have been to. I would recomend the On Deck Ocean Yatch Racing Experience in St Thomas and the Aireal Tram Tour in Dominica. Grenda is such a lovely island so take a Scences of Grenda tour and snorkel off Anse Beach in Bonaire.

The Princess staff went out of its way to host many fun activities but the best was the FREE , yes, FREE , wedding vow renewal cermoney on Valentines Day in the Piazza presided over by the Ruby's captain. Each couple was given a copy of the vows to be read and also a certificte of vow renewal. I thought this was going to be hokey but after seeing all the couples many of which were much older than my wife and I, it touched my heart and like many of the men I wept while participating. Thanks Ruby Princess for a great cruise.

AWWW - that's very sweet. That was great of Princess to offer that for free on Valentine's Day

Thanks for posting. We board the Ruby on the 28th. Can't wait!!

Glad you had a great cruise! Thanks for sharing your vow renewal experience. That's the kind of post I like to read!

I want to do the aeriel tram ,did you do this excursion off the ship or on your own.Never been to dominica and really want to see the beauty of the island.I am also concerned about the safety of the tram.Also after doing this was there any time do anything else?

Saw your question and thought I would post our experience on the tram, as well. We did the tram last year on the same route while we were on the Emerald. We had a wonderful time and the tram was very sturdy and safe. It was really a highlight of that cruise. Dominica is such a lush and beautiful island. Here's a link to pics I took. The tram pics start with picture 49.

After the tram ride we had a few hours where we wandered around the town and had plenty of time to see the botanical garden and a few other sites around the town. I'm not sure if that would be the same this year ... you would have to check how long you are in port and what time your tour is.

Net, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you enjoy being out in the rain forest. We even saw an agouti, although he was too quick to capture a picture of him.

The vow renewal made this cruise the most memorable Valentines Day cruise we have taken. WE have cruised the past 4 Valentines Days on Princess and no other ship offered this experience.

MEMO TO PRINCESS:

OFFER THIS CEREMONY ON ALL YOUR FLEET CRUISING ON VALENTINES DAY.

I was also on this cruise and participated in the vow renewal. It was very special and meaningful. Captain Yeomans read the vows as all couples were all over the piazza on all levels and stairs. It was just beautiful!!

Everything JEH said is absolutely true!! One of our favorite cruises to date!!

Archived