first time cruiser

readygreg

I will be travelling with my two nieces and we have book some excursions outside our cruise line. I am now having second thoughts about not getting back to ship on time. when I booked I firmly asked Best On Bahamas if they would make sure we would be back in time. Nothing in writing.... any advice on preplanning or what should I do now to make sure we eliminate any need for worry about missing ship departure. Help

Greg,

Where does the excursion go? Nassau is not very big. From the Atlantis Hotel to the cruise ship terminal is about 15 minutes drive or so.

If you tell us the itinerary of the excursion we can probably allay your fears. You can also tell the leader of the excursion that you want to be back at the cruise ship terminal by 4:00 PM if the ship tells you to be back on board by 5:00 PM. Look at the sign as you leave the ship because this sign will tell you what time all passengers must be on board. The sign is usually black with white lettering.

we are going to the Lacayan caves in one of the areas, either Nassau or Freeport and we are also going to the SeaLion show in Nassau or Freeport. We will also be doing the Wild Dolphin show in Key West but our ship does not leave there until 7pm so I am very confident we will be back in plenty of time. It is the Bahamas I am most concerned about, since we are travelling without passports. They do not require one and we are torn between getting one or not. We do not travel very much. If we like this cruise and decide to go back again, we are going to get a passport.

Lacayan Caves and the SeaLion Show in Freeport and Nassau, not sure which is in which city. They assured us they will get us back in time, but the salesperson was not even in the Bahamas, so he may have just be saying that to sell it.

A reputable tour guide WILL get you back on time....it's their JOB! They wouldn't be in business long if they made folks miss the ship!

But do keep track of the time--and, as said above, make sure your watch (not your cell phone) is set to ship's time when you leave in the morning!

Archived