Can kids be moved up into older AO club??

nikinakinoo

I am almost certain that they will not allow it. We've been on 25+ cruises with our girls(now 5 and 21 yrs. old). Our older daughter was always very mature for her age. Several times we asked if she could be moved up. She was never permitted, even on a cruise over her birthday. They have to be the appropriate age at the beginning of the cruise. If it helps - no matter what age group they've been in, our girls both LOVED kids club.

My kids have always been perfectly happy in their own age groups. On one sailing, another mom and I went to one of the specialty restaurants. I asked AO if my ds12 could join the 9-11's at Johnny Rocket's that night, along with dd9 and a friend aged 11. He had a good time. ;)

I think the rule is if the child has a birthday while on the cruise which would bump them up an age group- they may permit it... but a whole month before is probably a no-go.

The cruise lines have to show the manifest with everyone's DOB- if something were to happen to a child who was moved up an age group without being the proper age- the cruise line would be held liable (for example- if moving up an age group allowed the child to sign themselves out of camp and they were to get injured...well, you can see how the lawsuit would end...).

I hope you all have a great time!

Take care,

Diana:)

We're looking to cruise with friends and our daughters would be separated on RCCL's Freedom - my daughter will be 8, our friends' daughter 9. It sounds like they would let the older one move down if she wanted to? NCL's age split is different, but there are many of us cruising and the ship has been chosen.

Archived