Is Concierge Class Worth It?

Cruisin_Vol_Fan

What ship are you looking at? On some ships, concierge class staterooms are a bit larger and have slightly larger balconies than non concierge class ones. The perks are not too great, so for most people it is not worth it if there is a big price difference. Probably the best perk is the extra cruise credit towards the loyalty program (Captain's Club) now that Celebrity has such great perks for Elite (10 cruise credits or more). Another nice perk is the expanded room service menu (i.e. fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juice and some other treats). There are a few more goodies such as the sparkling wine and fruit - these may make you feel a bit more pampered/special, but do not have a real big dollar value. Some people like them, some don't.

I think getting the extra credit is of value to get you to Elite status. We just got off Infinity and enjoyed Michael's Club most days for lattes and pre-dinner drinks. Also enjoyed meeting people each day over free drinks!

Keep looking at prices as we actually got our CC cabin for $60 less other non CC cabins on deck 7 on Infinity. The flowers/fruit/pre-dinner snacks are okay. We actually have them not bring the fruit as we do not eat it nor want it to go to waste. The room service menu is better with CC cabins.

I think SeaBlu hit it for us.

And the plus that helped us is what was also mentioned before: the extra Capt Club points. Without the additional points, we wouldn't have made Elite before our 1st Solstice cruise of a B2B, and the Elite extras really added to the cruise experience. Don't need the additional point anymore after making Elite (unless they add another level!), and we took an SV cabin on the Mercury instead of our normal CC. I'll miss a few of the CC pluses. I have no recommendation of how much is a cut-off of going CC, most of the time, it seems to be only a $100pp or a bit more and for us, and I mean 'us', it is well worth it and we always go CC unless there is a specific reason - the Mercury stern cabin is our first cruise not CC since we upgraded in '05.

Denny

I agree with many posting here that Concierge Class (CC) extras appear easily worth $50pp or so more, which is how much it cost us to upgrade from a 1A cabin when we booked our May 16 cruise on Solstice. But then the price dropped on staterooms across the board, and suddenly the price difference was $120pp. When this happened I personally decided, per reviews/posts I had read, that this was too much more to pay for CC & wanted to "downgrade" to an identicle 1A stateroom 2 decks below for the $240 refund. But - my wife was much less willing than I about giving up any CC perks at that point so CC is where we stayed. Admittedly we did get what looks to be an ideal stateroom, location & balcony wise. And something I do hope helps us is the priority debarkation, since we have a fairly early return flight at cruise end.

Was recently on Concierge Class on the Equinox. Don't think it is worth the extra money at all. The canapes were pretty dreadful. We didn't even drink the champagne. Fresh fruit you can get at the buffet....along with any other food you wanted. The much-touted balcony breakfast was not nearly as good as what you could get in the Oceanview. There was no priority disembarkation at any port, far as I can tell. The robes were nice, but I maybe used mine three times for half an hour. So what?

I think your best bet on an S-class shipt is to get a Deluxe Oceanview with veranda. It is the same thing really. Exact same room. Exact same ship.

As for M-class, I have never been on one, but my understanding is that in CC you get a bigger room and a bigger balcony. That is something to consider, depending on your itinerary.

We just got back from a cruise on the Solstice (Feb 21-28) and had Concierge Class. In all fairness, it was our first Celebrity Cruise, so I can't compare any other experience with Celebrity. It was a very small "upgrade" of $100 for both of us per cruise. The preference with embarkation was great...no waiting. There was preference at ports, if there was a line. Very subtle (they would send you left and others with other color key cards right). Enjoyed the fruit in the room and flowers. Sparkling wine wasn't special but enjoyed it anyway. Breakfast in the room was what really made it worth it. We did eat in the MDR and Ocean View one day and it was just so nice to have it out on the balcony (the table was table height too) and have a quiet start to the day. Nice not to fight for a table in Ocean View! The fresh squeezed Orange Juice and Grapefruit Juice was a great perk (saw it available in the Ocean View for a $2.50 per glass upcharge) and if there was something we wanted for breakfast that was not on the menu, we wrote it in and our cabin attendant (Ninfa from India, who was amazing) would bring it. We requested the cheese, fruit and crackers rather than canapes due to my allergies and it was never a problem. However, I didn't see any preference with debarkation (though we were in one of the last groups, as we had a 4pm flight). Getting the 2 credit is nice as we will cruise Celebrity again and it gives us a boost in qualifying for Captain's Club levels.

Archived