Reyno Tours or Beno Tour in Dominica?

gam888

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We have toured with Reno twice and we will be on the Emerald in November and am again going with Reyno as my sister has never been to the island.

We just came back from our wonderful 10-day Caribbean cruise on the emerald Princess. It was my sister's first trip to Dominica and my third. We were booked with Reyno and of all the excursions (Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, St. Thomas) my sister enjoyed the one with Reyno the most. Rosalynn was our guide as Reyno was driving our van. This was my third time with Reyno and would not even think about going with anyone else than Reyno Tours the next time.

Reyno and Rosalynn, thank you for your enthousiasm, the drinks, and the wonderful narration and sites we visited on the island tour. You guys are the Best.

• 1 month later...

I just got back from the Dec. 26 Royal Caribbean cruise on the Adventure. I booked with Beno prior to leaving home. He responds quickly to emails and we set up a meeting time and where our family of 4 wanted to go. (I also booked Beno in 2006). We had a great experience 4 years ago, and an amazing experience this time. He took us to the Emerald Pool before the crowd came so we had the pool to ourselves...amazing!! We went to other spots including Mero beach. That was a lot of fun as the sea was just rough enough to play in. We never felt pressure from Beno to leave the spots we were taken too. We spent all the time we wanted! He was at our whim and call. He also provided beer(for my DH) and cold water for myself and kids...all the water and beer we wanted, all included in our price. He is a very experienced driver as well.

Beno is amazing and very proud of his Dominica as well as very knowledgable. It is very nice to see the pride in his eyes as he shares his info and answers all our questions.

Bravo Beno:) VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We also just back from our cruise on Celebrity. We toured with Beno and had an amazing day. Beno told us all about the island,the way of life and took as to great places. We loved everything about the tour including Screw's Spa. We would book again with Beno. :D Felt safe and relaxed on the trip. It's a beautiful island.

P1020862.jpg.0a7c4afa1fc7df68909b64884558e337.jpg

I used Beno for my husband and I and our 4 daughters He is AMAZING!!!!! I did a bunch of research ahead of time and told him the places I wanted to go and he customized the tour for us. If you dont do anything else make sure you fit in Titou Gorge. We only did it because my oldest daughter is obsessed with Johnney Depp and a portion of Pirates of the Carribean was filmed there. As it turns out it was our favorite!! How often do you get to swim through a cave!! Dominica was our favorite port.

Shelly

I had to yell that :) He really does do an excellent tour! We just booked him in January this year and had him all to ourselves for more than half the day. We did Emerald Falls, Mr. Nice's fruit stand and the beach. That description doesn't do it justice though. Beno knows so much about his island, he's more than happy to tell you history, culture, politics (if you want), ecology, conservation, tourism... He is quite the ambassador for Dominica. He is personable, funny, sincere, honest, reasonably priced... and a safe driver.

We'll very happily book Beno when we return someday to the island. He sold us on it!

Nancy

• 6 months later...
Lcmslady,

There is/was a group of Caribe craft tables outside the entrance to Trafalgar Falls and they do/did have some baskets and fans like what is in the photo. I bought a fan there. We were with Reyno Tours and our guide, Rosalyn, had been talking to us about the Caribe Indian crafts and that there would be a few places where we'd be able to purchase them. I was very happy to find my fan and I still have it. It was very well made.

Hope this helps!

Do you remember how much the fans were? They look like great gifts! Thanks!

Do you remember how much the fans were? They look like great gifts! Thanks!

The fans do make great gifts. I believe at Trafalgar Falls they wanted $5 apiece for the fans, and that's where I got my first one. The next time I visited Dominica, they had some at the craft market just off the pier, and the lady gave me a break for buying more than one. I bought 3 that time, and I think she took $12 for the three, but that was a couple of years ago. They are good quality, though, so worth the price. Another thing I purchased at the craft market is some handmade soap that was very nice. It was called "HeavenScent" soap and it was made with natural products and scents.

Have a great trip!

The fans do make great gifts. I believe at Trafalgar Falls they wanted $5 apiece for the fans, and that's where I got my first one. The next time I visited Dominica, they had some at the craft market just off the pier, and the lady gave me a break for buying more than one. I bought 3 that time, and I think she took $12 for the three, but that was a couple of years ago. They are good quality, though, so worth the price. Another thing I purchased at the craft market is some handmade soap that was very nice. It was called "HeavenScent" soap and it was made with natural products and scents.

Have a great trip!

Thank You! I will look for both of these items when we go to Dominica in January. We were there in October but didn't do any shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
We also just back from our cruise on Celebrity. We toured with Beno and had an amazing day. Beno told us all about the island,the way of life and took as to great places. We loved everything about the tour including Screw's Spa. We would book again with Beno. :D Felt safe and relaxed on the trip. It's a beautiful island.

Would you please let us know the price of this tour. How do you go about booking it online or did you wait until you got to the island?

• 3 weeks later...
We just finished a cruise a few weeks ago and once again had Beno as our tour guide. This was the 3rd time that we have had Beno take us around his beautiful island. He has always been able to get us to popular places before the major crowds arrive and brings us places that most don't get to see. Beno has also become a good friend, he is just that kind of guy. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful and professional tour guide.

I've heard wonderful reviews on Beno as a tour guide. I tried to email him, with no response back. Has anyone used him as a tour guide recently? Thanks!!

• 2 months later...
We have used Beno on two occasions most recently this past January. We have always enjoyed Beno's professionalism and charisma. I acn't speak to Reyno never having used his services but Beno provides an exemplary tour customized to your itinerary. He has always been gracious in allowing our interests to guide the tour staying longer where we wished and moving along when we felt we'd seen and eaten enough.

The small group experience is defnitely a plus as Beno is willing to accomodate you in whatever means is necessary. Count on his experience to know how much you can see during your port of call time ashore. We have never felt rushed and we've always made it back to the pier with sufficient time to poke around the town and indulge our souvenir shopping habits.

I totally agree. We went on his Titou Gorge, Screws Spa & Champagne Snorkeling Tour last week and I can't say enough good things about him and his tour. He really is proud of Dominica and it shows through! Loved the free fresh fruit at Screws also.

Barbara

• 3 weeks later...

After reading this thread we booked a tour with Beno a couple of weeks ago. He was an excellent guide, and was very understanding when we had to cut our tour short due to my husband having unexpected trouble with the bumpy roads (first time that had happened!). We will definitely book with him again, and I'd recommend him to anyone.

Archived