Anyone use Vueling Airlines out of Barcelona??

Kokanee

Vueling used to be one of my top two low cost intra-Europe airlines. They have been having some financial issues lately and are cutting staff as a result, They are still a decent choice.. just not outstanding as they used to be.

They have very strict luggage restrictions with substantial costs for extra weight/extra pieces. Make sure you know what the rules are .. for this and other carriers you are considering..before assuming you know what the real cost is going to be. Their Conditions of Carriage are (or at least used to be) at:

http://www.vueling.com/info/conditions.php?language=EN#7

Vueling used to be super cheap but it doesn't appear to be the case anymore; at least for domestic flights. For Paris check EasyJet and AirEuropa. Depending on departure day Iberia may be also competitive.

It was a friendly, flower power low cost airline, which just acted in a funny way all the time, no Southwest or Ryanair shows, but lots of "college friend" approach to their passengers. Owned by private investors started to find troubled waters, when Iberia created Clickair (a cheap version of Vueling) whose main objective was destroying the airline. Both Clickair & Vueling had a bad time in the competetion, and their finances went really messy. So Vueling had to accept a Clickair & Vueling merge, maintaining Vueling liverly but allowing Iberia controlling the whole thing. A kind of a short of Troy Horse.

Financial situation in Vueling is now quite rosy, as they get a good use of Iberia infraestructure, (and loads of regional money in subsidies for flying from weird destinations in Spain). Now it´s just the cheap side of Iberia, but with the former friendly approach.

Less friendly, but still effective. More expensive but nothing to be concerned about. All A320 fleet (some Iberia ageing models) enthusiastic crew and many "no complemantary services" as paying for luggage, seat selection, catering, and so on. A kind of hybrid between Ryanair and Iberia.

It was a friendly, flower power low cost airline, which just acted in a funny way all the time, no Southwest or Ryanair shows, but lots of "college friend" approach to their passengers. Owned by private investors started to find troubled waters, when Iberia created Clickair (a cheap version of Vueling) whose main objective was destroying the airline. Both Clickair & Vueling had a bad time in the competetion, and their finances went really messy. So Vueling had to accept a Clickair & Vueling merge, maintaining Vueling liverly but allowing Iberia controlling the whole thing. A kind of a short of Troy Horse.

Financial situation in Vueling is now quite rosy, as they get a good use of Iberia infraestructure, (and loads of regional money in subsidies for flying from weird destinations in Spain). Now it´s just the cheap side of Iberia, but with the former friendly approach.

Less friendly, but still effective. More expensive but nothing to be concerned about. All A320 fleet (some Iberia ageing models) enthusiastic crew and many "no complemantary services" as paying for luggage, seat selection, catering, and so on. A kind of hybrid between Ryanair and Iberia.

RThank you for this....very helpful!!

Vueling are fine and reliable but watch your luggage allowance! Have you considered the overnight train from Barcelona (Franca) to Paris (Austerlitz)? We haven't used it ourselves but intend to idc. First class cabins are en suite and meals are included.

They seem to have good rates....we are looking for airfare form Barcelona to Paris (after our cruise)

Just wondering if anyone has used them and what they are like??

i'm looking at doing the same thing, did you check out KLM, they share a service with Air France. check expedia or travelocity under multi destination or call klm directly

Vueling are fine and reliable but watch your luggage allowance! Have you considered the overnight train from Barcelona (Franca) to Paris (Austerlitz)? We haven't used it ourselves but intend to idc. First class cabins are en suite and meals are included.

we would like to travel during the day as we have rented an apartment in Paris.

i'm looking at doing the same thing, did you check out KLM, they share a service with Air France. check expedia or travelocity under multi destination or call klm directly

KLM is 1296.00 for the 3 of us!!:eek:

Expedia gives me (Iberia) Veuling as the best bet leaving in the afternoon (perfect for us) $441.60 = baggage.

We have a friend in the airline industry and he said Veuling have A-320's average ages - 7 yrs. and they have no incidents to speak of.

Thanks everyone....I knew I could get great answers on here!!

I see that if you purchase Vueling on a Tues, Wed or Thursday, (from Barcelona) flights are as little as 35 EU pp one way. This is in May, to Paris or Amsterdam. Luggage is 10EU per checked piece if you purchase online. I think that is a GREAT deal!

I don't know what month you are looking at after your cruise. This is directly from the Vueling website

I see that if you purchase Vueling on a Tues, Wed or Thursday, (from Barcelona) flights are as little as 35 EU pp one way. This is in May, to Paris or Amsterdam. Luggage is 10EU per checked piece if you purchase online. I think that is a GREAT deal!

I don't know what month you are looking at after your cruise. This is directly from the Vueling website

We re looking at July 14th. It is at 80E right now. Not bad but will keep an eye on it.....thanks!

We re looking at July 14th. It is at 80E right now. Not bad but will keep an eye on it.....thanks!

As another option you may consider overnight Trenhotel Ellipsos http://www.elipsos.com/htm/default.htm?lang=3

Train leaves Barcelona @9pm and arrives Paris @9am. It may cost more than flight but then you are saving on 1 hotel night and airport/city transfers. We took it 4 years ago from Paris to Barcelona; it was very good. You may get sale prices for advance purchases; I think we paid 70 euros pp. see http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

Archived