Glory Tours?

BeachBum1007

I personally have not used Glory Tours but did reserve six spaces for our cruise in April. I received a return email requesting a $25 deposit/person and provided a credit card. I was told I would receive a return confirmation but never did (this was back in December). I have since emailed four times and called twice. Hence the reason I am back on this board. I think I might have to change my plans as I'm starting to get rather nervous. Just my two cents!

Double check the email address you're using firemonkeyrn. I made the mistake of typing sarah@glorytours DOT COM rather than sarah@glorytours DOT ORG

Once I fixed the way I was typing the address I started getting answers back. I too did not get the "tour pass" as described when I booked on line for our tour. I waited three days and then I sent a message and they replied the next day with all the information I needed.

Hope this help :)

Our group has a tour scheduled with Sarah in April that we have had booked for 18 months now. She has been great about responding. There were a few times that she did not get my emails though. This does happen in the islands from what i hear on other threads with other tour operators. So try again and see what happens. Good luck.

Has anyone had a negative experience with Glory Tours? We were thinking about doing the "Best of Barbados" Tour with the turtles & the monkeys.

We had a negative experience with them. Our ship got in late and I had emailed them to tell them (we had prepaid). The tour left without us. We got our money back, but were very disappointed that they didn't wait for us. We had booked the Best of Barbados tour.

We had a negative experience with them. Our ship got in late and I had emailed them to tell them (we had prepaid). The tour left without us. We got our money back, but were very disappointed that they didn't wait for us. We had booked the Best of Barbados tour.

Let me get this straight, you were late for a tour that involved other people. They did not wait for you, and u call that a negative experience? Well, i guess they thought it was better to leave u with a negative experience then all the others that would then be posting that their tour got cut short and missed some sites because the tour operator decided to wait for a couple who was late. Good grief people, this tour operator cannot win for losing. Did u ever hear about the greater good? I would call this an unfortunate experience that i am sure happens all the time when ships are late but to brand the tour company as giving a negative experience is just not nice. This is not meant to incite any anger, its just this subject has been done to death already and this is how it gets stirred up again :eek:

We used Glory on Feb 26. There was some trouble with the driver getting to pick us up on time. It was not the tours fault, but a traffic situation which we all experience. They made arragements and we were comfortable with chairs in the shade. It was only a 15-20 minute delay. There was only the 3 of us traveling together on the tour. The tour was very good. Quami (I never did get the spelling of the name, I hope this is close :)) showed us a very good time. Plus our camera ran out of memory and he got us to a store to put the pics on disc. He ended it by taking us to Miami beach. It is a very beautiful, white sand beach. It was not crowded and was the perfect way to end the day. I recommend Glory to all.

We used them last month and were were extremely pleased with them. Try the flying fish for lunch at the Sand Dunes and if Sarah is not available ask for Quammie....in fact just ask if Quammie could be your tour guide, he was terrific. We thought the tour and Quammie were amongst the best we have had.:)

• 3 weeks later...

My family and I, a group of 5, used Glory Tours last November. Sarah was absolutely excellent!! She is extremely familiar with the island's history and very knowledgeable about the flora and fauna on the island. Sarah's great personality made us feel very comfortable and we all enjoyed her personal anecdotes and stories. It was, without a doubt, one of the best tours we have had in the Caribbean. I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend her!

I have to be honest and say-I have been on tours where we had to wait for people and it pissed us off.We were paying to see certain things and at times waiting can cause your trip to be shortened because of others....not fair.That's why i prefer private.

I had the best tour with Sarah.It was so good I am hoping to return there for a vacation for several days...maybe for my 25th anniversary.

Sarah is fantastic.I love her.

My whole family had a fantastic time.This was our favorite excursion!

Has anyone had a negative experience with Glory Tours? We were thinking about doing the "Best of Barbados" Tour with the turtles & the monkeys.

My husband and I used Glory Tour last month. We joined the Bajan Paradise Tour. We had an excellent time with Quammie. He is very friendly and easy-going. He showed us a great time. My husband had a great time feeding the turtles. I would definitely recommend Glory Tour to all.

I have been trying to book a tour with them and provided the online credit card info, and have sent several emails. I got a response once from Sarah saying she would add our ship which wasn't on the drop down list, but it was never added and I have never heard back from her. I'm very concerned because they already have my credit card info and I have nothing -- no information about whether my tour is booked or how to meet them. I'm leaving tomorrow...:(

• 2 weeks later...

We had a confirmed reservation, but they (anyone for Glory) never showed. Thank goodness there was no deposit required at the time of our reservation. After we returned home, I again contacted Sarah, but she denied that the reservation was made EVEN when I forwarded back to her the confirmation she had sent us. We arranged a tour at the port with a cab driver, but it was certainly not what we had hoped to do & our day in Barbados was ruined.

I'm back from my cruise now and did end up touring with Glory Tours. There were a few problems with my tour, however Sarah tried to rectify them, and she spoke with me in person and also called me during the tour to be sure everything was okay. She seemed genuinely concerned and also did not charge me anything more than my initial deposit. I was satisfied with that and appreciated her efforts to make things right. I had Quammie (sp?) as my guide for a portion of the tour, and he was really great. He gave me a half pint of Mount Gay rum to give to my husband since he wasn't able to come on the tour (broke his ankle the day before in Antigua -- a horrible experience). I highly recommend the wildlife reserve as a tour stop and also north point which was quite spectacular. I enjoyed my day in Barbados with Glory Tours.

We had a confirmed reservation, but they (anyone for Glory) never showed. Thank goodness there was no deposit required at the time of our reservation. After we returned home, I again contacted Sarah, but she denied that the reservation was made EVEN when I forwarded back to her the confirmation she had sent us. We arranged a tour at the port with a cab driver, but it was certainly not what we had hoped to do & our day in Barbados was ruined.

This is Sarah from Glory Tours. This post is in response to the matter above of not showing up.

I think it is important that I shed a little light on this posters review.

I suspect that this is a customer that had emailed and discussed a tour with me. She confirmed she wanted to do the tour however never completed the reservation form she was asked to compete. Tour passes are issued after the form is submitted therefore she never recieved a tour pass. As our website states. Tourpasses are your confirmation that is how you know the tour is secured. It is like a boarding pass for a plane you have to have it.

As an operator I have to be carefull of what I post but I did want to clear this matter up and again emphasize the importance of a tour pass.

Once again what ever you do in Barbados have a great time because there is so much to see and do

My family of 4 did a private tour at the end of March. Jemel was our tour guide, & he was fantastic! Our entire family was so happy with & really enjoyed him. We wanted to do alot on our day in port, & having a guide of our own ... particularly Jemel ... was definitely the best way to do it in our opinion.... the price was reasonable to be able to do exactly what we wanted, when we wanted, even making changes along the way. Jemel also brought us to some stops we didn't ask for, but we were so pleased to have made them (such as church above Bathsheba..beautiful church, with beautiful gardens & stunning view.) He went above the call all around (such as searching for seashells for my daughter,) was so friendly, nice & accomodating, & a wealth of great information about the island. I'd book him again in a heartbeat.

Sarah, I know you monitor this site... Jemel did such a fantastic job for us... we couldn't have enjoyed our day more! Please let him know that his beautiful song at the end of our day (Beautiful Barbados), sung in his great voice, really stuck with us... especially Andrew(age 13) & Katie (age 12) .. they have sung it so many times since our tour... we would love to know the full lyrics as we can't remember him! Katie also plans to call him as requested in 10 years when she is a practicing lawyer, with a vet practice on the side, taking photographs & writings stories as a hobby. ;)

Carla, Andy, Andrew & Katie from Chicago

Barbados was my favorite island all because of the tour I had with Sarah.My kids are older than yours,Carla (17 and 21) but in November they too fell in love with Barbados.

I plan to go back in maybe 2 years for my 25th anniversary.I will stay this time (not a cruise) .I will let you know way before,Sarah so I can hire you again.

Let me tell you originally I booked with someone else.he would not take me where i wanted to go (North Point) besides other stops.So I looked and found sarah from these boards.She answered a million questions from me.

She eased all my concerns and made my family have a most wonderful day.

I can not wait to come back.

Nancy

This is Sarah from Glory Tours. This post is in response to the matter above of not showing up.

I think it is important that I shed a little light on this posters review.

I suspect that this is a customer that had emailed and discussed a tour with me. She confirmed she wanted to do the tour however never completed the reservation form she was asked to compete. Tour passes are issued after the form is submitted therefore she never recieved a tour pass. As our website states. Tourpasses are your confirmation that is how you know the tour is secured. It is like a boarding pass for a plane you have to have it.

As an operator I have to be carefull of what I post but I did want to clear this matter up and again emphasize the importance of a tour pass.

Once again what ever you do in Barbados have a great time because there is so much to see and do

Not that I would seek any further direct communicate with Glory Tours, but since the opportunity has presented itself in a public forum, I will respond to the above:

As an operator not only should you be careful of what you post, but also of how you run your business. I am quite certain I recall the exact details of the ONE day I was in Barbados, tour passes in hand waiting at the port for over an hour politely declining multiple offers for other tours until it became apparent that if another choice was not made, my family & I would be spending the day at the pier. Since you are such a successful operator, and handle so many tours, I find it difficult to believe that your recollection of this reservation, which was over 6 years ago, is better than mine. Perhaps these years of experience have resulted in greater attention to detail and an improved customer service experience for patrons. However, if I ever have the opportunity to visit Barbados again, I will not consider using Glory Tours and will share my experience with others so they may make an informed decision.

Not that I would seek any further direct communicate with Glory Tours, but since the opportunity has presented itself in a public forum, I will respond to the above:

As an operator not only should you be careful of what you post, but also of how you run your business. I am quite certain I recall the exact details of the ONE day I was in Barbados, tour passes in hand waiting at the port for over an hour politely declining multiple offers for other tours until it became apparent that if another choice was not made, my family & I would be spending the day at the pier. Since you are such a successful operator, and handle so many tours, I find it difficult to believe that your recollection of this reservation, which was over 6 years ago, is better than mine. Perhaps these years of experience have resulted in greater attention to detail and an improved customer service experience for patrons. However, if I ever have the opportunity to visit Barbados again, I will not consider using Glory Tours and will share my experience with others so they may make an informed decision.

Oh my dear Debbie

I do apologize I thought this was something more recent and so it had me boggled because we have not missed anyone at the port with a valid booking for years.

I do apologize for your negative experience. We have come a long way in 6 years and I have worked very hard to make sure things like that do not happen and they do not. 6 years ago Glory Tours was but a babe and new to the whole port thing and setting up the system. I wont say I never make a mistake but I will say we have not missed anyone at the port with a valid booking for years now.

Best regards to you

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thank goodness you didn't miss me.We had such a wonderful time.

Thank you again....I can't say it enough.

All the best,

Nancy

PS-Please send me the address of the chamber of commerce when you have a chance.:o

Oh my dear Debbie

I do apologize I thought this was something more recent and so it had me boggled because we have not missed anyone at the port with a valid booking for years.

I do apologize for your negative experience. We have come a long way in 6 years and I have worked very hard to make sure things like that do not happen and they do not. 6 years ago Glory Tours was but a babe and new to the whole port thing and setting up the system. I wont say I never make a mistake but I will say we have not missed anyone at the port with a valid booking for years now.

Best regards to you

Sarah

Just back home after a wonderful tour in Barbados with Glory Tours last Wednesday. Sarah was there waiting as promised. What a great time with the beautiful scenery, Sarahs stories about the history of the island, Harrisons Caves and the Wildlife Reserve. I finally got my wish to see the wild monkeys up close, something i was not able to succeed in doing on my panama canal cruise 2 years ago in any of the countries that we visited. It was a fun filled day for our group of 8 and one that will be long remembered. Do not miss seeing this beautiful island, it is charming and breathtaking. We had our whole day planned out so did alot, including some beach time at Reads Bay and of course flying fish and macaroni pie. Thankyou Sarah for allowing us to accomplish all that we wanted to do!

Archived