Glory Tours?

BeachBum1007

OH I wish I was on Read's bay right now.It was so beautiful and peaceful.And the flying fish-we all loved it even the kids which surprised me.So glad you enjoyed it there.I learned to eat local now in all new places.

Nancy

Just back home after a wonderful tour in Barbados with Glory Tours last Wednesday. Sarah was there waiting as promised. What a great time with the beautiful scenery, Sarahs stories about the history of the island, Harrisons Caves and the Wildlife Reserve. I finally got my wish to see the wild monkeys up close, something i was not able to succeed in doing on my panama canal cruise 2 years ago in any of the countries that we visited. It was a fun filled day for our group of 8 and one that will be long remembered. Do not miss seeing this beautiful island, it is charming and breathtaking. We had our whole day planned out so did alot, including some beach time at Reads Bay and of course flying fish and macaroni pie. Thankyou Sarah for allowing us to accomplish all that we wanted to do!

We had been to Barbados before, and while we liked it, we certainly didn't love it. This year, I contacted Sara at Glory Tours and arranged a tour of the island with her. When our cruise ship arrived in port, she was waiting for us and gave us the best tour we had on our entire cruise. Sarah was knowledgeable and loves Barbarbos. Through her tour and through her caring responses to our questions, we love Barbados as well. She was great with our kids and made sure we had all the time we needed at the various places we visited. It's clear to me that Sarah cares deeply about customer service and it shows in her tours. I honestly can't imagine how the tour could have been any better.

I totally agree with you.I think there is so very much to do there.I want to go back and go to the fish fry,more beaches,shops (I was there on a Sunday when they were closed),the animal reserve,etc etc..................

We had been to Barbados before, and while we liked it, we certainly didn't love it. This year, I contacted Sara at Glory Tours and arranged a tour of the island with her. When our cruise ship arrived in port, she was waiting for us and gave us the best tour we had on our entire cruise. Sarah was knowledgeable and loves Barbarbos. Through her tour and through her caring responses to our questions, we love Barbados as well. She was great with our kids and made sure we had all the time we needed at the various places we visited. It's clear to me that Sarah cares deeply about customer service and it shows in her tours. I honestly can't imagine how the tour could have been any better.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi pboice,

Quick question, how long they took to reply your email? I wrote on friday and I'm still waiting for their response. can you give the email you have to check if mine is correct?

thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...

A friend and I are planning on a cruise that stops in Barbados next June. We both want to swim with the turtles but she gets sea sick in smaller boats so a catamaran trip is out of the question.

We are looking at Glory Tours, either the Island Adventure or the Best of Barbados tour. Does anyone know what kind of boats are used to get to the sea turtles with these tours?

• 3 weeks later...
We had a confirmed reservation, but they (anyone for Glory) never showed. Thank goodness there was no deposit required at the time of our reservation. After we returned home, I again contacted Sarah, but she denied that the reservation was made EVEN when I forwarded back to her the confirmation she had sent us. We arranged a tour at the port with a cab driver, but it was certainly not what we had hoped to do & our day in Barbados was ruined.

Having read the various replies to the above post; it is hardly relevant to today and surely you could have indicated that your displeasure was SIX years ago.

This aggravates me so very much when people come out and say these things.Bravo to you,Harz!!!!

I do believe after what happened to me in Cozemul that there are people just out to get people for whatever the reason.In Cozemul the cabbie told us how bad the service and food was at a beach.Told us it was going downhill.He wanted to take us to another beach....other drivers did the same with other people,too.We did not listen and had the best day ...with the best food and service.

Now back to Glory----I can't tell you how much our excursion meant to us with Sarah.She was the very BEST!Her prices were very reasonable.We went all over,had a wonderful lunch and went to the best beach.I love Barbados and I love Sarah!And that is the truth!

Having read the various replies to the above post; it is hardly relevant to today and surely you could have indicated that your displeasure was SIX years ago.

I can not say what happened SIX YEARS ago----I can tell you about now.Right now Sarah has people she can depend on working for her.She knows not to take on more than she can handle.

I really hope that negative remarks do not hurt this wonderful lady's business.Her love of Barbados and sharing it is just a beautiful thing.

I love barbados and Glory Tours!

PS- Sarah was right on time!

Not that I would seek any further direct communicate with Glory Tours, but since the opportunity has presented itself in a public forum, I will respond to the above:

As an operator not only should you be careful of what you post, but also of how you run your business. I am quite certain I recall the exact details of the ONE day I was in Barbados, tour passes in hand waiting at the port for over an hour politely declining multiple offers for other tours until it became apparent that if another choice was not made, my family & I would be spending the day at the pier. Since you are such a successful operator, and handle so many tours, I find it difficult to believe that your recollection of this reservation, which was over 6 years ago, is better than mine. Perhaps these years of experience have resulted in greater attention to detail and an improved customer service experience for patrons. However, if I ever have the opportunity to visit Barbados again, I will not consider using Glory Tours and will share my experience with others so they may make an informed decision.

Having read the various replies to the above post; it is hardly relevant to today

and surely you could have indicated that your displeasure was SIX years ago.

Six yrs. of holding in all that displeasure. :eek: Glad you got it out.

Just remember that holding a grudge against someone

is like You drinking poison -and waiting for the other person to die. :D

Let it GO..

DSC_2021.JPG

Think of this, instead!

You are so right,aplmac.Can you tell me where that beautiful picture was taken??I am ill now and too much walking is too much for me....so I am sooooo happy I did all I did on my Princess cruise.

Enjoy Barbados everyone.So beautiful....and so much to see and do.

Six yrs. of holding in all that displeasure. :eek: Glad you got it out.

Just remember that holding a grudge against someone

is like You drinking poison -and waiting for the other person to die. :D

Let it GO..

DSC_2021.JPG

Think of this, instead!

Can you tell me where that beautiful picture was taken??
That photo -and this similar one..

DSC_2029.JPG

were taken over on the East Coast of Barbados -at a beach-house area called Bath

slightly off the usual track of a regular island tour, but not that far off!

DSC_1964.JPG

We spent the day there, two Sundays ago!

DSC_2030.JPG

is the water rough there? It looks beautiful and i am totally jealous!
Bath is one of the few safe places for a dip, over on our normally-rough East coast!

There's a barrier reef offshore Bath -about a quarter-mile out there

and that breaks up most of the Atlantic wave action. ;)

There's a small sandy strip as soon as you get into the water

-that's where most people enjoy a wallow!

Beyond the sandy strip it's mainly sea-grass beds and small stones

DSC_1959.JPG

See where the guys are soaking?

Judging from wave conditions in this pic, it looks like Hi Tide.

At Lo Tide it gets very calm!

DSC_1964.JPG

..like in this pic. Notice the waves offshore, breaking on that barrier reef.

The light-colored strip of water just behind the kayak

is that sandy strip I'm talking about..about 15 ft. wide in most places.

Archived