Authentic Lunch in Belieze

js

We plan on sleeping in our Belieze day, getting a massage and letting our three teens sleep in since all other port days we are getting up early (want happy teens LOL).

Are there any restaurants close to port that are restaurants where locals go to eat?

Are there any restaurants a close cab ride away where we can experience a good meal?

Thank you very much!

There is a wondeful restaurant right at the port, called The Wet Lizard. If you are coming out of the tender area, look up AND to the left and you will see it. Great food! You can ask anyone and they know where it is. It does get a food crowd when several ships are in port. We have eaten there at least 4 times.:)

Also, just outside the tourist village is the Smokey Mermaid in the Great House Guest House on Cork Street and Harbour View on Fort Street. Hang a right out of the tourist Village doors to the street. Both are fairly upscale though. There are a couple of other little fast food joints in the Tourist Village, but mainly cater to tourists tastes not local food. Otherwise, not a lot close by, sorry. Wet Lizard is probably your best bet.

There is a wondeful restaurant right at the port, called The Wet Lizard. If you are coming out of the tender area, look up AND to the left and you will see it. Great food! You can ask anyone and they know where it is. It does get a food crowd when several ships are in port. We have eaten there at least 4 times.:)

Thank you very much.

Also, just outside the tourist village is the Smokey Mermaid in the Great House Guest House on Cork Street and Harbour View on Fort Street. Hang a right out of the tourist Village doors to the street. Both are fairly upscale though. There are a couple of other little fast food joints in the Tourist Village, but mainly cater to tourists tastes not local food. Otherwise, not a lot close by, sorry. Wet Lizard is probably your best bet.

Thank you. By upscale, would it be possible for our family to wear nice shorts and golf shirts? Would it be safe for us to venture there on our own? Reading some reviews of Belize makes me a little nervous and I'm from New York LOL

Do these restaurants serve authentic food from Belize, whatever that may be LOL

I think this may be a great thing to do. We will let the teens sleep in, my dh and I already have massages booked for 10 or 11 am and then we can get off and eat in Smoken Mermaid or Harbour View.

Thank you very much!

Well, it's upscale meaning more dressier and there's tablecloth service and the food is more expensive than at the Wet Lizard, but you're from NYC so think of it as maybe the Little Owl versus Shake Shack or Corner Bistro, but not up to the Babbo or Momofuku level in terms of expense or presentation.

Any seafood dishes are best. Try the ceviche at Harbour View. Or the tiki skewers at Smokey mermaid. Also their pina colada pie, yum!

Well, it's upscale meaning more dressier and there's tablecloth service and the food is more expensive than at the Wet Lizard, but you're from NYC so think of it as maybe the Little Owl versus Shake Shack or Corner Bistro, but not up to the Babbo or Momofuku level in terms of expense or presentation.

Any seafood dishes are best. Try the ceviche at Harbour View. Or the tiki skewers at Smokey mermaid. Also their pina colada pie, yum!

Thank you. I printed out this thread and will put with my cruise folder.

We will go to Harbour View as you suggested.

Archived