Can I download all of a Roll Call thread

ednotmilkman

Hi,

I'm away from the country right now and don't have easy or inexpensvie internet access. Is there a way I can download the complete thread of a Roll Call- I'm booking my cruise tonight for a March 28 departure on HA Westerdam.

Thanks if you can help

A couple of things that will make it easier.

1) Go to the User CP (left side of CC header) and go to "edit options". Select a display of 40 posts per page. This will cut down on the number of pages you need to DL.

2) If you use Firefox, there is an add-on called "DownThemAll". This will allow you to download and save the current page as well as any links from that page as well. So, you can use this to get the page you are on, as well as any shown in the "next page" area (where you can click on a page number). This downloading will be almost simultaneously (depending on your bandwidth). Just be careful to select the pages you want and not necesarily everything (unless you want that).

Personally, I've found DTA to be one of the greatest things about FFox. Makes it a breeze to gather large number of pages and information quickly.

I don't think you can get more than 40 posts per page - nor can you just get a whole thread with one "normal" save (unless it is 40 posts or less - 1 page).

Just be sure to set up a new, separate download folder for all of your saves, so you can easily work with them. And be sure that's your target folder when using DTA.

1) Go to the User CP (left side of CC header) and go to "edit options". Select a display of 40 posts per page. This will cut down on the number of pages you need to DL.

In User CP edit options, you can also choose not to download signatures, avatars and images to save time & space on the download.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived