First Timer - Deck 1 on Conquest - Forward?

ESfromaustin

I just found out we will be on Deck 1, towards the front of the ship. Someone please tell me some positives about this location? Seems like we will be far from everything, experiencing more motion than the middle of the ship and will have no cabins beneath us. Does that mean it will be noisy? Anything good about this location - except, of course, I'm cruising in the Carribean :).

I just found out we will be on Deck 1, towards the front of the ship. Someone please tell me some positives about this location? Seems like we will be far from everything, experiencing more motion than the middle of the ship and will have no cabins beneath us. Does that mean it will be noisy? Anything good about this location - except, of course, I'm cruising in the Carribean :).

Just keep telling yourself that! ;) Seriously, sure there are better cabins but as far as I am concerned if I am on the ship rather than at home facing the daily grind it is a GREAT location. And you get the same access to the rest of the ship as everyone else and the same great service and pampering. That is one of the things I love about cruising...everyone is treated like royalty.

ENJOY!!!

Well, I got upgraded (for free :)) to the 8300's in 4G on the Promenade Deck. My TA said this is much better for movement and we aren't on the bottom. Was this a good decision? Thanks!!

Your ta is wrong, the higher you go, the more movement you will feel. The optimum for first timers is midship, lower decks. Forward cabins get noise from the anchor and you will feel the pitch at times. Aft cabins get noise from the screws. Is one better than the other? I have sailed in all and the worst cabin we ever had was a balcony, right below the bridge, forward. Conquest is a large, smooth sailing ship and the Caribbean is almost always nice. Remember, you're on a ship, not a dinghy! LOL! You'll be fine

Archived