St. Kitts is a new island for us!!

12Cruise

Javin as Royston does will do whatever you like. You can cater the tour to what ever your heart desires.

The St Kitts tour and especially the rain forest were very emotional for my wife. The beauty and serenity were just so peaceful. She has a high stress job but being in the rainforest and with Javin made her see things in life a different way. Also, In the town of Cayon where Javin lives is one of the very few places where the river runs through the forest. Like I said I have pictures but have no idea how to send them on Cruise Critic.

With Javin you travel privately. Just you, your partner and him. You go where you want for as long as you want. No rush and the whole day was learning about him and his island. Very fulfilling to the mind and soul. I am not one for being in a can of sardines packed in a vehicle with other people. Not my idea of a comfortable vacation.

Being with Javin who has taken every path in out of the forest and the island made me feel safe and like family. He knew where every rock was and for me that was amazing. We never missed a thing.

Not that this applies to everyone but we are from NJ. I have a beach 30 minutes from my house so I was not in St Kitts or any Caribbean isalnd for the beaches. Sand and Water and I really do not care. Rain forests we do not have in NJ so that was a must for me. I like to be diffrent and go where most people do not. Brimstone Fortress was OK and Romney Manor we opted not to see. A building with flowers is not exciting for me. I will never regret my choices on that island nor will I forget the day.

Do Royston and Thenford go the Black Rocks? What is the quality of the rain forest hikes they do?

I chose Javin because his happiness lies in the fact that you can enjoy his island and leave there taking a piece of St Kitts with you. I wanted the personal touch instead of a taxi/cab/driver. I can get plenty of those when I go to NYC.

How would I get in touch with Javin? :)

If you want a great island tour with a real island feel contact Royston at roystontours@hotmail.com

He gave us one of the best tours we have ever had. His van is no frills with all the windows out of it but the tour was second to none. Royston took us all over the island to see all the main attractions plus some I'm sure no other tour saw that day. He also usually provides lunch with his tour. We did not eat that day as we asked to have our tour cut short so the ladies could do more shopping (BOO!!!!). Royston was a great guide and knew a lot about the island. You can't beat the price for the tour you get.

John

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

• 9 months later...

We'll be on St Kitts early February and planning some sight-seeing opportunities. Is St Kitts a walkable island if we don't book an excursion from the ship or hire a taxi/driver? Many of you sound very knowledgeable and I'd appreciate your in-put.

Thanks!

We'll be on St Kitts early February and planning some sight-seeing opportunities. Is St Kitts a walkable island if we don't book an excursion from the ship or hire a taxi/driver? Many of you sound very knowledgeable and I'd appreciate your in-put.

Thanks!

You can walk around Basseterre but to see any other sights, you have to take a taxi or a tour.

It is not a tiny island. None of the beaches are within walking distance. Brimstone Hill is not near the port.

I always recommend a tour of some sort that includes:

1. Brimstone Hill

2. Caribelle Batik/Romney Manor

3. The view from Timothy Hill

Other sites of interest:

Black Rocks

various beaches mentioned here and elsewhere

You can either use one of the recommended guides (we used Royston and were very happy) or negotiate with a taxi driver.

Trip Advisor lists Clay Villa Plantation as one of the best attractions, yet none of the operators that I have seen take you there. Is there a reason for that? Is it a must-see or no? One of their tours does take you to the fort and Romney House.

I would like to see all of that, plus have 2 or 3 hours at Cockelshell Beach. Is that doable? Thanks!:)

You can walk around Basseterre but to see any other sights, you have to take a taxi or a tour.

It is not a tiny island. None of the beaches are within walking distance. Brimstone Hill is not near the port.

I always recommend a tour of some sort that includes:

1. Brimstone Hill

2. Caribelle Batik/Romney Manor

3. The view from Timothy Hill

Other sites of interest:

Black Rocks

various beaches mentioned here and elsewhere

You can either use one of the recommended guides (we used Royston and were very happy) or negotiate with a taxi driver.

Sounds great! Thanks for the info and we're looking forward to exploring St. Kitts in February.

Happy New Year, Fellow Cruise Lovers!

Archived