Thread not found on index

Ine

If I go to the general Message bord with the index of Ports of Call, this special thread - British Isles/Western Europe doesnot show.!!

Only after clicking Europe it is a choice.

Sorry now it does. Maybe this message was necessary to start it.

On various threads I already tried to help with info about Amsterdam and The Netherlands - (like on Celebrity and HAL).

So if you have any questions, let me know.

Seems you are right about that. Only after going to the Europe thread, the choice for British Isles/Western Europe can be found.

Actually, in a way I find this a little more irritating than that...

You see, there already IS and has been for some time a "Britain" board that DOES show on the main menu...

So now we have three boards and a "sub-board" that allegedly cover Europe:

Europe

Britain

Baltic Ports...and

British Isles/Western Europe...

It's a bit confusing...and to make sure I'm posting/reading in the right place, it may be necessary to visit all of them...

After all, isn't Britain part of the British Isles...and isn't all of it part of "Europe"...

And, why is there not then a "Mediterranean" board? Seems like that is what the bulk of the "Europe" posts relate to...

And, of course, why do 4 boards cover Europe while, in the Caribbean area, every dinky little island has it's own board...Wait a second, not EVERY island...Islands like the Dominican Republic (which it seems more cruises stop at than some that have their own boards) has no board...Ahhh...there's "Caribbean-other"...Some of these Caribbean boards tend to get about one post every two weeks! ...or even worse...Check out the "Bonaire" board...there's a post on January 8...prior to that, there was a thread with 2 posts in November...October was a busy month--3 threads with a total of 4 responses...before that, you go back to July...They've had seven threads in seven months with less than 20 posts on the whole board!!!

Does this make any sense?

Of course, in reality, you'd probably want to clean up the boards a bit, simplify it...It's okay to differentiate areas so that people don't waste their time on the wrong board...But, you don't want to overlap the same subject matter...as in "Britain" and "British Isles"...

Of course, in reality, you'd probably want to clean up the boards a bit, simplify it...It's okay to differentiate areas so that people don't waste their time on the wrong board...But, you don't want to overlap the same subject matter...as in "Britain" and "British Isles"...
Patience, dear heart. This is work in progress.

I'm actually quite impressed that in the middle of sorting out the rather bigger issues affecting the boards, CC is managing to find time to re-organise Europe as previously discussed. I can understand why it can't all be done at once.

Archived