Mykonos from ship

ehogan

A word of warning that you shouldn't count on whether the pre-cruise documentation says you'll dock or tender in Mykonos. The pre-cruise info for our November cruise all said we'd tender and then when we boarded in Rome, the flyer said we'd dock instead. I would have never thought that I'd prefer tendering to docking until we were in Mykonos! So they may change it on you without warning.

Agree 100% with D4 that those "schedules" can and do change. Nothing is totally certain in many of these smaller ports that have to juggle their schedules and limited facilities.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

On HAL a few years back, there were free buses into town; however, the lines were quite long. We didn't try to beat the rush. Rather than wait, we walked into town. I wouldn't have guessed it was 1.5 miles as it seemed shorter than that. The walk itself is a bit sketchy in a few spots as there is not a shoulder the entire way. So just be careful and stick to the sides. There were several scooter rental places along the way early on, and we thought about doing this. We were content to walk everywhere but if the walk is not for you, I might rent a scooter. You could see more of the island. Have a great trip.

We will be in Mykonos in May. I was there in 2007 on RCL and they had shuttle buses (which we had to pay for). I seem to recall that the path to the city was a bit sketchy at times. I will be MOST upset if NCL doesn't offer some sort of shuttle service. My group includes 11 people, 6 of us in our 50's. We are OK to walk, but that would not be ideal.

We will be in Mykonos in May. I was there in 2007 on RCL and they had shuttle buses (which we had to pay for). I seem to recall that the path to the city was a bit sketchy at times. I will be MOST upset if NCL doesn't offer some sort of shuttle service. My group includes 11 people, 6 of us in our 50's. We are OK to walk, but that would not be ideal.

We will also be upset with NCL if they do not provide a shuttle.

As everyone has mentioned here, "you may tender directly into town". We know that but we are in hopes to get an answer from NCL as to if they will have a shuttle if we do dock. Their responses have been from "no shuttle" to "we will have to get back to you". We know that we are on NCL's first ever stop in Mykonos but think that they should be better prepared with some answers and plans.

We would love to tender. Where did you find that on the NCL web site? We looked all over that web site last night and could not find any mention of tendering or docking.

I received my info from NCL about docking on our April sailing. CruiseCal also has us docking with another ship tendering. Perhaps it changes with each sailing?

Let me know where to find it on the NCL web site.

Thanks!

Kim

i look here...all my greece ports are by tender besides Crete

http://www.ncl.eu/itinerary/search_details.php?sail_id=15977

i look here...all my greece ports are by tender besides Crete

http://www.ncl.eu/itinerary/search_details.php?sail_id=15977

Jmvda,

Thanks so much for sharing this EU version of the NCL web site. The dock or tender information does not show up on the US version of the NCL web site.

NCL HQ told me that we would be docking in Mykonos in April. I guess we will know when we arrive!

Thanks,

Kim

Jmvda,

Thanks so much for sharing this EU version of the NCL web site. The dock or tender information does not show up on the US version of the NCL web site.

NCL HQ told me that we would be docking in Mykonos in April. I guess we will know when we arrive!

Thanks,

Kim

no problem

It will be my first cruise...so i am a bit worried with everything about cruising

jmvda said:

It will be my first cruise...so i am a bit worried with everything about cruising

Yes, I remember our first cruise and worrying as to whether we'd get all 'the rules' right.... In fact it can be the best type of holiday ever. Go with an open mind, take the attitude that 'the glass is half-full', and if, on occasion, something happens that's not what you expected, just try to go with the flow. The Aegean islands are among the most beautiful and memorable places in the world, and their historic and cultural legacy still resonates today, especially in western societies. I'm sure you'll come away with many great memories.

If you are sailing on the Gem, you will get the tending and docking schedule with the e-docs. It will be listed on the Itenerary. We just got our updated e-docs today and this is what we have on the 4/24 sailing:

Venice, Berth 110

Split: Tender

Corfu: Dock

Santorini: Tender

Mykonos: Tender :D

Crete: Dock

Of course, that could change and NCL says it will change across the season. I am just glad that our sailing will tender into the town of Mykonos.

If you are sailing on the Gem, you will get the tending and docking schedule with the e-docs. It will be listed on the Itenerary. We just got our updated e-docs today and this is what we have on the 4/24 sailing:

Venice, Berth 110

Split: Tender

Corfu: Dock

Santorini: Tender

Mykonos: Tender :D

Crete: Dock

Of course, that could change and NCL says it will change across the season. I am just glad that our sailing will tender into the town of Mykonos.

Sounds good!

Just don't absolutely count on it until you see them lowering the tenders. ;)

Archived