Eastern Caribbean ports to dock at all ports of call!!!

tracyfitzs

Accroding to today's NCL inside call The EPIC will dock (not tender) at all Ports of call on the eastern Iteniery. It also sounds like that might be true on Western, but that was not said directly. I am on an Eastern, and that is a major plus. Tendors always are annoying.

Accroding to today's NCL inside call The EPIC will dock (not tender) at all Ports of call on the eastern Iteniery. It also sounds like that might be true on Western, but that was not said directly. I am on an Eastern, and that is a major plus. Tendors always are annoying.

Yep. I believe NCL only chose ports that they can dock the Epic, even the Med ports the Epic will be able to dock.

Definitely a good thing lol.

This is old news .This was announced way back when thy announced the itineraries.

BaltimoreChickadee not a dumb question. When you dock you can just walk off the ship. If you need to tender it means that you get in a lifeboat type boat that meets the ship which is anchored in a harbour and go to the dock that way.

Tendering can take a lot of time and some times it can be cancelled due to rough seas in which case the port gets cancelled. This happens in Grand Caymen. All ships tender here and it gets cancelled if the tenders can not make it to the ship.

newbie here - sorry for dumb question, but what's the difference between the two?

A tender port means that you have to take a boat from the ship, anchored offshore, into the port. It's a major PITA, especially on a larger ship. Docking is, of course, where they tie up right to the pier.

The Epic is too big of a ship to tender. Can you imagine 4,300 people tendering to an island? It would be quite a task. Oasis of the Seas also only docks. In fact all docks had to widen and under construction before the Oasis could even dock at their port.

It is good for the fact it is easy to get off the boat at dock. But Epic passengers will miss Great Stirrup Cay which is quite a treat. I would rather go to GSC than Nassau anyday.

It is good for the fact it is easy to get off the boat at dock. But Epic passengers will miss Great Stirrup Cay which is quite a treat. I would rather go to GSC than Nassau anyday.

I guess that does explain why we are going to Nassau, I was wondering about that. Nassau is always a bit of a disappointment. I hope they have the Aquaventure excursion this time, since it will be my honeymoon I will splurge for that one.

Well this is new news to me. :D

I remember when Epic was announced we were all saying there was no way she'd be able to dock because of her size.

But david makes a good point. It'd be awful to have to tender with that many pax.

This is old news .This was announced way back when thy announced the itineraries.

Old news to you, new to me and I'm sure others are just hearing it for the first time too. No need to be rude.

I have been checking this Epic out and love the ship but would love a better itinerary, such as a private island, then St. Thomas, and Grand Turks, San Juan..that would be nice..

Me too. I really want to try Epic, but I don't like having 3 sea days. I would love one more port. That would make me book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

We too have booked the Eastern cruise...To spend more time on the ship...Besides we are in the Villa's...So you know we will explore the ship...As for the ports...We have been to them a couple of times...So how much shopping can you do in St. Thomas ETC...

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Archived