Best time?

cruzwpj

I can say we've gone to bermuda three octobers in a row 2006, 2007 and 2008 and we had awesome weather. We did have one bad sailing to BDA with almost 30 ft. seas for our first day and a half. We definetly rocked the boat.... But that doesn't stop us from cruising. It happens .

This year we're actually thinking of April or May since NCL isn't sailing out of NYC this year after Sept. 5th. Holland America is much more expensive even though you do get 5 full days in Bermuda.

Just a small correction concerning HAL's Veendam stay in Bermuda. It is not for 5 days but for 78 hours, or 3 days + 6 hours. Day 1 in Bermuda, the cruise ship arrives at 8:00AM; day 2 & 3, in Bermuda; day 4 cruise ship departs Bermuda at 2:00 PM. It is still the longest stay offered by any cruise line.

I've cruise there April, Sept & Oct: they are all the best time. Or maybe I should say there is no bad time to cruise to Bermuda :D.

SBtS

I've cruised in April June and August. Have flown and stayed in hotels in Aug and Sept.

One Aug trip we were there during a very weak hurricane. Once in September it rained 3/5 days. And not the usual 10 min. Bermuda showers, it was all day. On a positive note we shopped one day in Hamilton, went to Crystal Caves and the Swizzle Inn (original) another day. So even if it is rainy you can still have an enjoyable time.

It can however be chilly sailing in the spring on the first day (it has snowed in ny in April) or it can be in the high 70s. If you want to see NYC I'd recommend going when it is cooler. The temp can be 100 in August and September. There is nothing like trudging through nyc when it is hot and humid!!:eek:

This year we are going in May.

Laura

Weather in Bermuda is "hit or miss" pretty much any time of year. If you get great weather, be happy and enjoy. If it's raining.....hopefully it will clear up soon!

No time is guaranteed ... but your best odds are probably May thru October.

I can only compare the 4 months I've been. April, May, August, October.

May had the prettiest colors. Because of the angle of the sun at that time of year, the reflection in the water is outstanding. Also, the flowers that are in bloom at that time of year are beautiful.

The swimming was better in August because the water was warmer.

In April alot of stuff was still closed and it was pretty cool. But that is a great time for someone that doesn't like the heat.

So it may depend on the things that you enjoy the most and then find the best time to suit your situation.

I have been there in April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November & January.

By far my favorite has always been October. Bermuda can be oppresively humid in the Summer months.

October is still daylight savings time, the air temp is warm, but not oppresive, the water temp is delightful, and evenings have a lovely breeze.

In November, the days were warm but short--and while we were still happy to go to the beach, it was pretty darn chilly riding back on the mopeds in the late afternoon!

Archived