wine package special gift set or wine package onboard?

DoubleDutch

I have a question about the wine packages for the Costa Allegra. (not about the X1 or J package)

Before the cruise you can buy wine packages under the item special gifts.

On my cruise (14 day Asia, from Singapore) they offer the following:

WINE PACKAGE "SPECIAL SELECTION SAVE" 2010 (94,75 euro)

5 bottles of italian wines superior quality + 7 bottles of mineral

WINE PACKAGE "CLASSIC SELECTION" SUPER SHORT 2010 (86 euro)

6 bottles of italian wines + 7 bottles of mineral water

WINE PACKAGE "EASY SELECTION" 2010 (60 euro)

4 bottles of italian wines + 7 bottles of mineral water

It doesn't say what wines, only that it's an equal amount of red and wine in each package.

Now I am wondering if you can choose from a list at dinner which wine you would like if you have bought a package like this.

Are these (types of) winepackages also available onboard and what are the costs if you buy them onboard?

Any info is highly appreciated!

That's the problem with the wine packages - you never know what you're going to get. I've seen some of my table companions having those deals and while it may be cheap, relatively, most of their wines were either unknowns or of mediocre quality. I always select my own wine from the wine list that your waiter will give you. I may pay a bit more (or sometimes less) but I'll be drinking the wines that I know and like. Also, if you don't finish the bottle at dinner, you can ask the waiter to cork it and save it for you for the following evening, or you can take it to your cabin.

no one seems clear on any of the drink deals............not even costa..........or some of the people who have been with them:confused:

The drinks packages are perfectly clear, one just has to read previous threads and all is explained.

Ron

Are these (types of) winepackages also available onboard and what are the costs if you buy them onboard?

Any info is highly appreciated!

You can buy much the same wine packages onboard, so on the first night you can ask your waiter what wine is in the packages and then decide to buy or not.

Ron

Archived