REVIEW: Carnival Victry 2/7/10 -2/14/10 Southern Caribbean

Dirkgun

Hi, I have a question about public transportation to PR beaches. PR will be a port that the Valor makes a stop during my March 27th cruise. Can I take a bus from the pier to any of the beaches such as Condado Beach, and is the bus stop near terminal. My goal is to do a couple of hours at the beach then have a nice meal somewhere. Thanks for your help.

If you do go to that website previously mentioned.... puertoricodaytrips dot com just do a search in the box for any info you are interested in.... it is a tourism website and has lots of info. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Hi Pghsteelerfan, Thank you for the nice comments. Yes we are getting excited to go. We leave for the trip in 10 days (14 until on the ship) so it is almost here. Yes I am planning on doing a review again. It is funny because I have also reread your awesome review. I hope you do get to go on the Liberty. I know that is the reason I can have to do this cruise again..lol. I want to try a ship with the 2.0 upgrades :D If they do add Dominica back in then definitely we will do it again. Dominica is a great port IMHO, not overly developed but very beautiful and lush.

I'm so glad to hear you'll be doing another review and perfect timing as winter has now set in and I'm major need of a "cruise fix" but good reviews always help with that and I know I'll enjoy reading yours and the great pictures you always include. :)

Our Liberty cruise this past April was our first cruise with the 2.0 upgrades. For the most part, we liked them (Guys Burgers), but we didn't like the location of the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, which are located right at the center area of the pool on either side of the ship, not near the stairs where they used to be, which was very good for traffic flow. I think some table and chair space was lost along the windows and it also seemed some lounger space around the pool was lost. There are bar stools but only so many of those. There was a lot of overcrowding in those areas due to lines created by not as many bartenders behind the bars or even the bar waiters that we normally see with trays of drinks. We actually had to go up the stairs to Deck 10 to get to the other side a few times. That might not be as much of an issue for Liberty when she's on the southern itinerary out of San Juan since it is port heavy with longer days in port than we had on the western. I definitely hope I can twist DH's arm enough to do it.

We were in Dominica on our honeymoon cruise in 1992 but that was so long ago I don't remember much of it, only that we enjoyed it and the beauty of it and would love to go back. That cruise was was a very similar itinerary out of San Juan as the current but went to St. Thomas; St. Maarten; Dominica (1/2 day); Barbados, Martinique; Sea Day and back to San Juan. I remember the cruise but forgot what many of the islands looked like (or the ship, Carnival Festivale, for that matter) and since I had a film camera then, I really didn't get a lot of pictures and a lot of them were of us and not the scenery. When I saw your review (this one), I told DH we had to do that itinerary and so glad we finally did. Now I want to do it again since nothing else really compares. :)

I'm so glad to hear you'll be doing another review and perfect timing as winter has now set in and I'm major need of a "cruise fix" but good reviews always help with that and I know I'll enjoy reading yours and the great pictures you always include. :)

Our Liberty cruise this past April was our first cruise with the 2.0 upgrades. For the most part, we liked them (Guys Burgers), but we didn't like the location of the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, which are located right at the center area of the pool on either side of the ship, not near the stairs where they used to be, which was very good for traffic flow. I think some table and chair space was lost along the windows and it also seemed some lounger space around the pool was lost. There are bar stools but only so many of those. There was a lot of overcrowding in those areas due to lines created by not as many bartenders behind the bars or even the bar waiters that we normally see with trays of drinks. We actually had to go up the stairs to Deck 10 to get to the other side a few times. That might not be as much of an issue for Liberty when she's on the southern itinerary out of San Juan since it is port heavy with longer days in port than we had on the western. I definitely hope I can twist DH's arm enough to do it.

We were in Dominica on our honeymoon cruise in 1992 but that was so long ago I don't remember much of it, only that we enjoyed it and the beauty of it and would love to go back. That cruise was was a very similar itinerary out of San Juan as the current but went to St. Thomas; St. Maarten; Dominica (1/2 day); Barbados, Martinique; Sea Day and back to San Juan. I remember the cruise but forgot what many of the islands looked like (or the ship, Carnival Festivale, for that matter) and since I had a film camera then, I really didn't get a lot of pictures and a lot of them were of us and not the scenery. When I saw your review (this one), I told DH we had to do that itinerary and so glad we finally did. Now I want to do it again since nothing else really compares. :)

That is so true about reading cruise reviews... to even live vicariously until it is your turn again. Hopefully we will get some different pics this time... I am trying to learn how to operate my DSLR better and have a couple of new lenses to play with. One in particular to try to capture the bioluminescence in Bio Bay. We will see how that goes. Our first cruise was out of San Juan and we went to a lot of the same islands but it was on celebrity. We went to Martinique, Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, and St Thomas. every time I go to each island it seems a little different ....probably just notice more. So I am not bored with them yet :D. I know when we booked the Victory cruise from this review, Antigua was included but then they problems in that port so they dropped it and added St Maarten. No sea days planned because they went to Dominica but then we missed St Maarten because of big swells. Every one is an adventure.