Upgrade from 6C OV to Cat 12 Penthouse

kdickers

We stayed in Cat 12 on Celebration when she was sailing out of NO. They are great. The couch pulls out into a full size bed instead of the usual twin

size.( This was great for us as we had our then 15 year old DS who was a 6-2, 270 lb lineman, twin beds aren't real comfortable for him) The bathroom is really big. A friend who was with us had an inside cabin and said his cabin was the size of our bathroom.

The cabins do have balconies. But be advised that several of them have very

obstructed views. We were in Cabin 9. We had a lifeboat in front of our balcony. It pretty much blocked our view but the balcony was still so nice to sit on and like you, our TA got us a deal on it that made it more than worth it.

The only other drawback to that particular cabin. The Cruise Directors cabin was right next door. There was often alot of coming and goings at all hours. He also made some jokes about "the couple in the next room". You can imagine....... our friends really teased us about those.

We stayed in Cat 12 on Celebration when she was sailing out of NO. They are great. The couch pulls out into a full size bed instead of the usual twin

size.( This was great for us as we had our then 15 year old DS who was a 6-2, 270 lb lineman, twin beds aren't real comfortable for him) The bathroom is really big. A friend who was with us had an inside cabin and said his cabin was the size of our bathroom.

The cabins do have balconies. But be advised that several of them have very

obstructed views. We were in Cabin 9. We had a lifeboat in front of our balcony. It pretty much blocked our view but the balcony was still so nice to sit on and like you, our TA got us a deal on it that made it more than worth it.

The only other drawback to that particular cabin. The Cruise Directors cabin was right next door. There was often alot of coming and goings at all hours. He also made some jokes about "the couple in the next room". You can imagine....... our friends really teased us about those.

Cabin 9 (or V9) is the one that keeps coming up . . . is this not a good choice or worth the extra $$??

How "obstructed" is the view?? I don't want to just be looking out at a lifeboat the entire time!!

Kim

Its pretty obstructed. One of the small lifeboats hangs outside the room. It

hangs away from the railing. You can see below it and above it and kinda around it but yes it is directly in front of the balcony.

Is it worth the extra money...... I loved the room and it is very spacious. We really enjoyed all the extra closet space (it has a walk in closet) since we brought 2 sets of golf clubs. The whirlpool tub is also a big plus if you like that kind of thing. It was also large enough that my son and his friends had a place to kinda "hang out". My DH is also not a cruiser who is "never in his room". He spends alot of time in the room reading and catching up on his sleep.

The location is good. You are basically a flight of steps up from the lido deck......right by the spa and gym......and if you look at the deck plan the hallway opens onto a large open area at the front of the boat. It was also a quiet area (other than the CD's cabin). With only 10 rooms there is not much traffic going up and down the halls.

Would I pay the extra again.....absolutely. The only problem.....I'm spoiled now.

Well . . . after an on again off again relationship . . . I've FINALLY gotten my suite!!!!! I just hope it doesn't spoil me too bad for future cruises!! :D

Thanks for all the help and advice . . . now I'll start "researching" the additional items I need to bring for a BALCONY!!!!!!:p

Kim

• 1 month later...

We had a suite on the 1/15 cruise. Large room, nice sitting area. Our sliding door to the balcony was very hard to open and close. The locking mechanism was very corroded, and they ahd drilled a larger hole for the lock bolt to slide in and out of, the jacuzzi tub was great, huge closet. Only v1,v2,v3,and v4 are unobstruted, the other 6 have lifeboats blocking the views. Jacksonville does have a skippers club that is also used by Celebrity for priority boarding. Small room off to the left side when you go through security. Couches and chairs to rest on. Make sure they don't forget you when the ship starts boarding. They forgot us and came back and took us to the head of the line.

Jim

Jima,

There's another poster booked into a balcony (V10 I think) . . . I've kinda broken the news to her that these are "partically" obstructed but when she contacted Carnival . . . they told her that none of the balcony suites were obstructed so . . . I've pulled some info (yours too) for her . . . hope you don't mind!!!!

Any info you can pass on to her I'm SURE she would appreciate!!!!

THANKS for all your help and patience with me too!!!!! You've been GREAT!!!

Archived