Has anyone ever got Botox while in port?

CindyKay

I was thinking about looking for a cosmetic surgeon, to get Botox injections while on a cruise to M.R. Does anyone have any referrals from someone they believe to be reputable and does anyone have any idea what it costs for eyes, brows and forehead treatment.:confused:

Off the top my first preference is Cabo as it is last stop, but will consider P.V. or Mazatlan.:rolleyes:

Thanks for any info or websites to check out.:)Cindy1699681172_evanfeb200814small.jpg.26de81aa1f8138a3576997d4a38fb570.jpg

Last vist we had to use a doctor twice for my husband and the care he recieved was excellente....I know of many people who have had to use doctors and hospitals here in PV and the care is top notch, Mexico is not a third world country and their health care is very good.

That said, unless you have had Botox before ( I love it) and know how you react I would do it before you leave.

Try going onto Trip Advisor and posting your question there in the PV Cabo and Mazatlan forums, I am sure you would get more informative answers by those living there. Also you might find it is not as cheap as you might hope, up here in Canada I have a dentist who does it and charges $10 per unit.

I know PV has good cosmetic surgeons down there but for the life of me I don't know their names.

I will only echo the sentiments of others who have posted and gently remind you that you should always check the qualifications of the professional doing any procedure. Just because they call themselves a doctor doesn't mean that they are. Someone who is a D.O. or N.D. is not an M.D. More importantly an M.D. who works in the spa on a cruise ship is not coming anywhere near me with foreign material to inject in me. Just my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

We posted on Tripadvisor looking for laser hair removal, and separately for an eye exam, for an eyeglass prescription. No one ever responded to the laser hair removal request. On a good note, we managed to get an eye exam in the Romantica area of Puerto Vallarta for $10 on a recent visit, and have internet ordered new glasses out of hong kong at Zunni Optical, for a fraction of the total cost here in the USA.

Botox is touchy stuff, and has a short refrigerated shelf life... seems like not such a good thing to consider in Mexico.

on the other hand... Gotta love seeing clearly in the romantica area of Puerto Vallarta

IMG_5731.jpg

>>>>Botox is touchy stuff, and has a short refrigerated shelf life... seems like not such a good thing to consider in Mexico.<<<<<

Why?? You are afraid they can't read well enough to be able to know the expiry date or that Mexicans are such simple folk that they don't realize how important expiry dates are ?? You were doing so good there for awhile too.....:rolleyes:

By the way the term Romantica Zone was one made by a Travel Company who were afraid that the term Los Muertos (Beach of the dead) would be offensive to tourists. I cringe when I hear that term Romantica Zone....

.http://vallartainfo.com/south.html

Botox is touchy stuff, and has a short refrigerated shelf life... term Romantica Zone

Yep... very touchy stuff... Botox is... got a Plastic Sergeon pal... that calls periodically... with an extreme sense of urgency in his voice... asking if we want some free Botox NOW... if we do... we gotta get over to his place... RIGHT NOW!... He explained once that it was real touchy stuff.

Zona Romantica... LOVE IT!... We have never seen more romance on earth... as in the Zona Romantica.... The romance is everywhere... thick with romantic folk... behaving romantically!... LOVE IT!... Can't imagine a better description... and next time we will be able to enjoy all the romance more clearly... with our new Mexican prescribed Hong Kong manufactured spectacles.

Even the jacuzzi's are romantic

IMG_5731.jpg

Outside of the offices of the top physicians in Mexico City, Guadalajara or Monterrey - I wouldn't subject myself to such a procedure in Mexico. None of the three cities is a coastal location. About posting to the other forum mentioned, above - my experience is that those forums are essentially controlled by tourism industry promoters and one needs to be very cautious when accepting recommendations from "local experts" there - without substandial other independent confirmation. If this is not an emergency (which I doubt it could be) then maybe it's best to have the shots where you live, or nearby. Have a great trip!

Archived