Hmmmmm?

CruiseAdict218

I read somewhere that the SS Norway had a pin? What did it look like?

Norway3.jpg

NCL's Latitudes is the name for past guest. NCL has a similar pin for each of it's ships, with the name & colors of the pin different.

Norway4.jpg

I think every cruise line had this type of pin for many years.

Norway1.jpg

This is a style that rather rare among ship pins, and one would think a round plain pin would be very common.

Norway2.jpg

The unusual thing about this pin is that it is "The Farewell Season".. When in fact a boiler explosion (accident) ended the SS Norway (SS France) season. To my knowledge there had been no prior announcement that the SS Norway would be retired after the fateful season. And there was great speculation the SS Norway would be repaired and return to service???

There are the four I wear on my vest and hat, but I have close to 35 different.

Norway3.jpg

NCL's Latitudes is the name for past guest. NCL has a similar pin for each of it's ships, with the name & colors of the pin different.

Norway4.jpg

I think every cruise line had this type of pin for many years.

Norway1.jpg

This is a style that rather rare among ship pins, and one would think a round plain pin would be very common.

Norway2.jpg

The unusual thing about this pin is that it is "The Farewell Season".. When in fact a boiler explosion (accident) ended the SS Norway (SS France) season. To my knowledge there had been no prior announcement that the SS Norway would be retired after the fateful season. And there was great speculation the SS Norway would be repaired and return to service???

There are the four I wear on my vest and hat, but I have close to 35 different.

I was the faithful explosion on youtube very shocking but any was thanks for the pics and u wouldnt happen to have a Pic of a Festivale pin would u? i know they all look the same but i would if u do nd like would want to see a pic?

I was the faithful explosion on youtube very shocking but any was thanks for the pics and u wouldnt happen to have a Pic of a Festivale pin would u? i know they all look the same but i would if u do nd like would want to see a pic?

Brandon, I have already sent you the picture in an email, the last time you asked. It was about 2 weeks, and 10 -15 emails ago, check it out, it was an attachment.

• 3 weeks later...

joebat

I love your collection of S.S. Norway pins, I wish I had gotten one when we cruised her just one cruise before she blew up. I never really paid attention that pins were available is it because we only really did the cheapest level of booking?

I wish I had one for the Carnival Carnivale we were on her last cruise before she was renamed and made into a South American cruiser.

Archived