Cunard Drop Port-of-Call Arrival and Departure Time

cruiseathon

I notice that Cunard have dropped port-of-call arrival and departure times for their itineraries (on their website), replacing them with a vague statement like 'early afternoon'.

IMHO very shody, very unprofessional, and making planning your shoretime much more difficult. Do they not know when their ships will be in port? Or do they give their ship masters vague instructions like 'drop into Le Havre sometime Monday'!

I notice that Cunard have dropped port-of-call arrival and departure times for their itineraries (on their website), replacing them with a vague statement like 'early afternoon'.

IMHO very shody, very unprofessional, and making planning your shoretime much more difficult. Do they not know when their ships will be in port? Or do they give their ship masters vague instructions like 'drop into Le Havre sometime Monday'!

Just a guess here but since some people here have indicated that they expect and demand onboard credit for any slight inconvenience, maybe this is a way of not having to put up with the whiners who expect OBC if an arrival is late to a port.

Just a guess here but since some people here have indicated that they expect and demand onboard credit for any slight inconvenience, maybe this is a way of not having to put up with the whiners who expect OBC if an arrival is late to a port.

It could also motivate a few more people to book Cunard shore excursions because, with those, the arrival and departure times are largely irrelevant.

Not that I'm suggesting for even one second that Cunard would ever contemplate doing anything as underhand as that :eek:

J

It could also motivate a few more people to book Cunard shore excursions because, with those, the arrival and departure times are largely irrelevant.

Not that I'm suggesting for even one second that Cunard would ever contemplate doing anything as underhand as that :eek:

J

Yep, another good possibility. But I've found that most of the private tour operators I've used are pretty flexible and I'd sure not like it if ship operated excursions were my only choice.

It's not shoddy. The times were actually shown but for some reason they have been removed.

I have a print-out of my next trip in April which I made a while ago and all the times are on it. I've just taken a look on Cunard's website and now it just says "embark,full day, disembark" etc.

All the times are in the Pre-Voyage Documentation & Shore Ecursions brochure I received last week.

Suspect that the "whiz kid" to inputs the web page, did not consider that information important, we are always at the mercy of the "whiz kids" who as a rule are not cruisers, and therefore do not know (or care) what we the passengers need or want.

I do love it when we get two events being held in the same space at the same time, and if you bring it to someones attention they look at you as though you are crazy!

Archived