Silversea Inclusions

LauraBK

HI,

I have just booked our first cruise on Silversea (our first cruise ever).

I got the big 2010 brochure from my TA and it says "new for 2010 - a dedicated butler for every suite". What exactly does that mean? From the description it seems that he is the person who takes care of your room, which is what I though you got on every cruise.

Also, how does the in suite beverage system work. What do most people ask for? My husband and I really don't drink too much, but I can see us going through a lot of bottled water - how much do they bring?

I have read that wine is included for dinner, what if you don't drink wine? Can you get another type of drink? Is it included? I'm sorry for all of the questions, it seems like I've read on different posts that not all drinks are included. I would have something like a Pina Colada in the evening, but that's really it. Just trying to figure this all out - I appreciate your help.

I am completely new to cruising all together and Silversea seems to be very different than the main lines that my friends have traveled on.

Anything you could share would be appreciated!

The new butlers on SS are really butlers. There were rounded up from hotels, etc. around the world. Most are at sea for the first time, but they are very good. You ask, they do. Wine with meals is pretty standard. If you don't like the one they're pouring that day you can ask for one that you like and they do have non-alcoholic wines too. Yes, you can get something else to drink at meals without charge. Because they will have to get it from the bar you may have a bit of a wait though. I usually bring a martini from the bar when we go to dinner. In your stateroom you can get what you like as long as it's not considered a high end premium. I usually get a bottle of Meyers rum and a bottle of Jack Daniels. Enjoy your cruise; you're in for a treat!

You'll find that the bar waiters migrate to the restaurant at meal times. Most of the time they pour wine (and if you don't care for what they are pouring, they will find you a wine, or other drink, more to your liking). If you like a Pina Colada with your meal, after one or two evenings you can expect it to show up without having to ask for it. No charge, unless you want a superior wine or spirit; but few people ever feel the need. (Exception: the "fine dining" restaurant, where only the "connoisseur" wines are served.)

The cabin staff / butler will stock your minibar with whatever you want, full bottles of hard liquor, mixers, wine, champagne, beer, ice, sodas, juices, water... either ask when you board or fill out the online form. If you drink a lot of something in particular (my vice is club soda), tell the staff and they'll provide extra supplies. No charge. If all else fails, there's always room service.

Thank you both!

I assumed if i didn't choose to have the wine, I would end up paying for something different. Like I said, we don't really drink so we'd drink iced tea, bottled water or soda with dinner. But we're going to Napa this year so maybe I'll come back with a greater appreciation for wine :)

From what I can tell, we really wouldn't have to pay for anything we wanted on board (except the spa and for purchases).

Thank god I found this site, none of my friends or family know Silversea and when i ask cruise questions they answer from the perspective of mainstream cruises like Carnival or Royal Caribbean - from what I can tell the Silversea experience is very different.

Laura, you will not be disappoint with the Silversea Libations, think of just about anything you want and they will deliver. The only exception as was mentioned to you is their very premium wine collection. Since you are a big Wine fan, shouldn't be a bother to you at all. They will bring and stock you room with whatever you desire. Let us all knjow how you enjoyed your cruise when you return. PS I'll help you drink whatever Wine you don't want

Butlers can do your packing and unpacking and do a lovely job. They also are responsible for seeing that your suite is tidy, your bar is stocked, and that you have any daily appointments arranged. They can do spa appointments, dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants, etc. If you have things in need of repair or attention, they can make those calls, as well. They can also arrange special occasions for you, get questions answered, etc. You can do all of this if you like yourself at the proper department. Ask your butler for an intro to the cabin and ship when you first arrive.

On which ship are you sailing and when?

You will have no trouble getting bottled water. If you don't want the room with a lot of liquor, no worries. There will be soda and other soft drinks, and you can ask for things like tea at dinner. At the bars, you can get some interesting non-alcoholic things if you want them to experiment with juices or fruits.

On which ship are you sailing and when?

You will have no trouble getting bottled water. If you don't want the room with a lot of liquor, no worries. There will be soda and other soft drinks, and you can ask for things like tea at dinner. At the bars, you can get some interesting non-alcoholic things if you want them to experiment with juices or fruits.

Thanks Debbie!

We are sailing on Silver Whisper in June '11, from Copenhagen to the Norwegian Fjords and then along the coast to the North Cape, then back to Copenhagen! :)

Experiments with juices and fruits sounds WONDERFUL!!

Thanks Debbie!

We are sailing on Silver Whisper in June '11, from Copenhagen to the Norwegian Fjords and then along the coast to the North Cape, then back to Copenhagen! :)

Experiments with juices and fruits sounds WONDERFUL!!

Laura,

I suspect that your only problem will be going back to ANY other cruise line after your Silversea experience. You will be spoilt forever - but what a way to go!

Enjoy the ship and the great itinerary.

Archived