Room question

Mschif78

I will be cruising with my 2 children, my husband, and my mother. what room options are there? do we have to get 2 rooms or is there some type of suite that will allow 5?

You should probably share where you're going. I know on the Pride of America they have the family "suites", which would fit you all. On the Dawn they have the AB suite, which again would fit you all. In many cases the suites cost considerably more than two balcony staterooms. If it were me, I'd probably get a balcony and across the hall an inside....or 2 connecting oceanview cabins.

Guest liza.pettit

Most booking sites won't allow you to put more than 4 people in any room. I think it depends also on how old your children are. I would also suggest getting two adjoining rooms or two across from one another. You'd have much more room and probably save money (I believe it would be much more expensive to put 5 people in a suite vs 3 in an oceanview and two in an adjoining inside stateroom... just for example.) Hope this helps :)

A lot depends on the age of the kids, and whether bunking with Grandma is an option. Bottom line is that one tiny bathroom gets pretty busy when getting ready to go somewhere with that many people. We've had our kids in and inside across from our balcony the past couple of cruises, and it's worked out well. It's often only marginally more expensive to get another inside than having two extra people in a balcony.

We are a family of 4 and went with a Jr. Ste. and an inside cabin directly across the hall. My kids will be 16 and 14 so they should be fine in a cabin by themselves. It was cheaper than putting all 4 of us in an outside balcony. MY SIL and family are traveling with us as well. She is a family of 5. She wasn't able to book online for all 5 (unless she did two separate cabins) so she had to call the cruise line directly. She ended up going with a family promenade stateroom which sleeps 5. Her kids are younger so she couldn't to put them in a cabin across the hall. It was cheaper to do a family stateroom than two adjoining balcony cabins.

Not sure what ship you are looking at but the AB or A3 catagory holds up to 5 or 6.

We priced out 2 cabins and it was cheaper to go with a suite since the 1st and 2nd passanger in each cabin would be full price.

How old are your kids?

Not sure what ship you are looking at but the AB or A3 catagory holds up to 5 or 6.

We priced out 2 cabins and it was cheaper to go with a suite since the 1st and 2nd passanger in each cabin would be full price.

How old are your kids?

that can happen and so can the reverse. if the suite price is $2000 per person and the extra ppl are $400 each, then 5 people would be $5200. If an ocean view cabin is $800 for the first two and $400 each addition, then $800 times 4 plus $400 is $3600. It can go either way. The OP should check both.

I think the AB is fabulous. Some poeple describe the second bedroom as too small, but If one child is ok with rooming with Grams it is fine. The lower bed if larger and quite comfortable. You might ask for an eggcrate for the lower bunk. The upper is fine for a child or teen. The bathrrom in the second bedroom is very nice. One child could sleep on the hideabed in the living room. The living area is nice sized. The master bedroom has an incredible king bed. The bathroom is hage and has a large tub with a TV and picture window beside it. The shower has mutiple heads and a full length window. The greatest bathroom at sea! There are 4 TVs and plenty of storage spaces. Along with the suite perks ( early boarding, CAGNEY'S, priority tendering) the butler will cater to your every need. I would go with an AB suite if it fits in your budget:)

I could not get the booking engine to give anything but the GV, so had to call. They told me the AB would definitely hold 5. So as others have said, it's your choice for 2 cabins or the AB, if not the GV. Either way you'd have two bathrooms (or more in the GV). But with the AB you'd have the suite perks! Give NCL a call.

Archived