Silver Cloud Suite Question

bobndee

Do the vista suites on the Silver Cloud have electric outlets near the bed? My wife sleeps with a CPAP machine and it needs electricity.

THANKS! Excellent question on the Silver Cloud!!! I've been using a CPAP machine since last summer and will need to be using this machine during our July 1-16 Norway Coast cruise. This will be our first cruise on Silversea and my understanding is that there is a 110w plug at the desk area, but there is not one next to the bed. I would suggest bring a couple of smaller extension cords, etc., in order to make this CPAP machine work, plus to do the re-charging for the computer, camera battery, iPod, etc. We have our "toys" and need to keep them working. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Good info, thanks. I'll make sure we pack some extension cords. On our last RCCL cruise the cabin steward got a cord for us, but it's no big deal.

As a tip, I would check on whether your equipment needs plugs with a three-prong versus two-prong type of plug-in. Some light-duty extension cords might not have the capability to do three-prong plugs and/or handle the power needs. Plan and prepare accordingly.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Good suggestion Terry. Not everyone would think of that. Being an engineer (read anal ;)) I already checked both the type of plug and the voltage rating for the CPAP.

I'm not an engineer, but I have been accused of being . . . a little too anal and/or detailed-focused. At Christmas-time, I put up about 25-30,000 outdoor lights and have learned to consider these various electrical issues in order to avoid being a "Clark Griswold" type of character. With the limited number of electrical outlets on most cruise ships, you need to consider these factors.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived