Free Internet For Captain's Club Elite Gone

tgg

Azamara passengers who are Elite level in Celebrity's Captain's Club used to get 90 minutes of free internet access - with no strings attached. We were looking forward to this nice little benefit on our February cruise because this was the first time we qualified.

Instead, the deal has been changed to 30 minutes free if you buy a package.

I know we're not talking about a lot of money(@ .65 per minute it's $58). But I find it strange that a benefit for the most frequent passengers has been cut. They must be losing lots of money on Azamara to decrease the value of the past passenger program.

I wonder what they're planning for Le Club Voyage.

There was never free internet for Elite members on Azamara. The benefit you got was the one that has been in place for over a year. When Celebrity changed their Captains Club benefit last year (which included the free internet minutes), these were not applied to Azamara. From all we are reading and Mr Pimentil's posting, a new Azamara club with differnt benefits is going to be introduced in April

Hi Everyone !

That I know of, Azamara has not offered 90 minutes of complimentary internet to their passengers. I think the OP is assuming the Celebrity internet benefit would be carried over to Azamara, and it was not.

From what I read on the boards, I believe there were a handful of sailings, where Azamara may have been trying out some new benefits, and perhaps some additional interent time, may have been one of them... but that was on a trial basis.

While I feel they should have carried the internet benefit over to Azamara, that's another discussion. I look forward to seeing if Azamara will have any internet benefits in Le Club Voyage. I hope so, as they come in very handy for me.

Someone we met on the cruise, a frequent Celebrity cruiser, said that he had gotten 90 minutes of free internet on his first Azamara cruise. He was surprised that his Captain's Club benefits were much better on Celebrity than on the more expensive Azamara.

We have done three cruises with Azamara beginning in 2008, all as Elites, and none have had free Internet as a perk. All have had an additional package added after you bought one, but you had to buy the basic package first.

We have done three cruises with Azamara beginning in 2008, all as Elites, and none have had free Internet as a perk. All have had an additional package added after you bought one, but you had to buy the basic package first.

We just got off Quest and you needed to purchase a package which started at $29.95. Classic members received a coupon for 10 minutes free internet, Select 20 minutes, and Elite 30 minutes.

I may have an idea regarding why they may be stingy on internet time.

I think it has to do with limited "bandwidth" which means the more people logged on at one time, the slower it will run.(as we all know, it runs very slow!) I think the ships do not have a high bandwith capacity with the equipment they use. Almost all the time the ships internet is connected via satellite. How I came up with this idea is when the ship is docked in Miami or any "home port" there is a "hardwiire" connection made that give them much more speed and capacity. When you consider the 400 plus crew uses internet to communicate with family, the ship uses internet to communicate with the Royal Caribbean operations department, etc, etc. This is one reason they have pricy packages to keep the passengers from staying on line downloading pictures, etc etc. This all uses up the ships precious bandwidth. Of course the pricy packages are a revenue source too...

Hopefully as technology improves they will have the capacity to increase speed and capacity and maybe lower the cost to their customers...???

Archived