Rhapsody Aft,Chocolate Buffet & Drydock

I am a new cruiser so I have questions...We have a aft balcony on 7 deck. Is the sq. feet of these balconies larger than the ones on side of 7 deck? Also for recent cruisers is the chocolate midnight buffet still happening??? (I am a chocoaholic) And how did everyone find out that Rhapsody is dry docked in Nov. 04 & what will they be refurbishing on her? Thankyou kindly!!!!

The aft balconies are definitely larger than the ones on the side. Beware those aft cabins are above a lounge and noise can be a factor. The corner cabins are wraparounds and the balconies are larger still. The best cabin is 7652, starboard side.

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

Reggierail(at)cs(dot)com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody 10-17-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Mercury 11-26-04

Monarch - Sometime soon???

Viking Serenade 1998

Viking Serenade 1999

Voyager of the Seas 2000

Viking Serenade 2001

Majesty of the Seas 11-2002

Norwegian Sea 11-2002

Vision of the Seas 11-2002

Mercury 5-03-03

Monarch of the Seas 6-09-03

Mercury 10-12-03

Monarch 11-17-03

Monarch 1-19-04

Monarch 3-29-04

God bless the USA and all freedom loving people. May God protect all those who fight and die to protect those freedoms.

Aft balconies rock!!! Whereas the balconies on the sides of the ship are as wide as the cabin, they are only about 5 feet deep. The balconies on the aft end are as wide as the cabin and about 10-15 feet deep, the curve of the back of the ship causes them to vary. There are lounges and the shipshape center towards the back, but we will never choose anything else.

The corners on most ships do wrap around a bit and are the largest & best.

<font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#0033CC">Celebration July 90, Fantasy Dec 90, Song Of America May 91, USS Independence Jan 92 Hawaii, Jubliee July 92, Tropicale Jan 93, Ecstacy Oct 93, Jubliee Oct 94, Monarch Of The Seas May 95, Tropicale Oct 95, Inspiration May 96, Celebration Oct 96, Sensation May 97, Carnival Destiny Oct 97, Elation May 98, Facsination Oct 98, Majesty Of The Seas May 99, Grandeur Of The Seas Oct 99, Voyager Of The Seas May '00, Explorer Of The Seas Oct '00, Enchantment Of The Seas May 01, Rhapsody Of The Seas Oct 01, May 02, Oct 02, Carnival Victory May 03, Rhapsody Of The Seas Oct 03, Grandeur of The Seas May 04</p>

Upcoming:

Rhapsody of The Seas Dec 2004

</font></p>

Drydock...

We have sailed on the Rhapsody during Halloween for the past three years. It is a great time to sail. As a matter of fact, our 11 yr old has never spent Halloween on dry land.

There has been an issue come up with the Halloween sailing that RCCL may be trying to deal with by taking the ship to drydock: There is a very popular alternative lifestyle gathering called AquaFest that has celebrated on Rhapsody that week for the last three years. It has grown to where last year at least half the folks on the ship were part of that group.

Now... dont get me wrong, my wife and son and I had a great time meeting some great folks...

But there were some complaints from other folks. RCCL originally had the Halloween sailing as the beginning of the drydock and changed it to allow for a 5day cruise and then the dry dock. I do not know if they worked it out with the AquaFest group to where they are actually taking the 5day trip as maybe their own cruise. We did decide that we wanted a 7day trip and there werent any of the aft JS cabins available until Dec. So we are going on the 12/05 trip. [subsequent checking on the web shows that Aquafest changed their Halloween cruise over to the Conquest out of New Orleans]

The chocolate buffet was combined with the Grand Buffet on the trip we took at the first of May on the Grandeur, they said response was not good enough to eat everything that got put out on the separate nights and there was too much waste.

The best cabin is 7652, starboard side.

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

So glad to hear this....we have 7652 booked for 9/26/04.......do you happen to know if the fridge keeps items very cold or just cool?

God bless the USA and all freedom loving people. May God protect all those who fight and die to protect those freedoms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dav7963:

There is a very popular alternative lifestyle gathering called AquaFest that has celebrated on Rhapsody that week for the last three years. It has grown to where last year at least half the folks on the ship were part of that group. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We talked (yelled really) with some guys on that cruise one day when we were in port somewhere, docked next to each other. We were all yelling back and forth from out balconies and they were telling us about the AquaFest cruise.. and about the story of the Rhapsody being haunted or some girl falling overboard or something - I don't rightly recall. Cute boys but very very gay! icon_smile.gif

Voyager of the Seas 10.26.03

Voyager of the Seas 01.11.04

Voyager of the Seas 06.13.04

Explorer of the Seas 10.31.04

Just got back from the 5/23 sailing on Rhapsody.

No more Chocolate Buffet. The captain was asked about this at the Welcome Back party. The response was that there is chocolate at the Grand Buffet.

We ran into some people who had a conversation with the captain about the drydocking. They told us (hearsay) that they are going to slice the Rhapsody down the middle and insert a midsection to make her longer. He told them this was so she could hold more passengers yet still be narrow enough for the Panama Canal. I don't know the validity of this but it sure sounded neat. icon_smile.gif

Archived