Need help choosing a cruise...20th anniversary trip

SouthernBelle1970

Ok, We've never been on a cruise before.

Our 20th anniversary is Feb 2011. I finally convinced my husband that a cruise would be a fun and relaxing way to celebrate.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to Carnival due to pricing. I live just outside of Atlanta and would like to drive to our embarkation port. I'm looking at cruises out of Mobile, Jacksonville and possibly Tampa.

4 days possibly 5 days is the length of time I'm looking at, We aren't huge partyers but do enjoy a good time.

Ages= 40/41

Caribbean = destination

I want to make sure we are on a nice/recently refurbed ship.

I've researched myself crosseyed and would love some advice or ships or cruises.

Thanks in advance! This is a fabulous group of people.

Scarlett

Don't overthink it....your first cruise is the most awesome, no matter which ship! All cruiselines keep their ships in great condition...they're a big investment and they don't let them get run-down!

You may want to contact a local travel agent....you can get the cruise brochure so you'll have deck plans, all the info you need about cruising and pictures of the rooms! And, a TA can help you choose the perfect ship/itinerary for you.

Scarlett,

I would expand my search to include Fort Lauderdale as a port.

Also, consider 7 day cruises as these are usually just a bit more than 4 - 5 day cruises.

Also look at Princess as this cruise line does deliver an excellent experience for the money. The Emerald and Ruby Princesses are truy beautiful and almost new. Lots of fun as well.

I am not going into any arguments about Carnival, but it is not true that Carnival is the cheapest. All cruise lines have sales that make a cruise affordable.

And remember in your planning, it is always a good idea to spend the night before your cruise at the port city.

Thanks for the advice!

I will do more research on Princess. I'd had friends tell me they can sometimes get great

airfare deals to Miami.

A 7 day cruise scares my husband:D His theory is if he hates it, it's only for a few days.

I'm trying to make sure he has a good experience so I can get hooked on cruising!

Please ideas coming!

Thank you!

It sounds like Princess may be a better fit. Look into Fort Lauderdale. It is cheaper to fly there then into Miami. I really had to talk my husband into our first cruise and having to fly of course I told him to make it worth it we had to do a 7 day. Now I cant get him to do land vacation. ;)

Archived