Help Needed for 1st Time Windstar Cruisers St. Martin March 6th

B_and_B

Not only is this our first Windstar Cruise, it is our first cruise ever, so we need your help/advice. Since we are used to going to Caribbean resorts (usually all inclusives with a day trip or two), we aren't sure how much or how little to do on and off the ship.

My husband and I are in our late 50's/early 60's and like to snorkel, swim, walk the beach, read while soaking up the sun, eat and drink. Please share with us what you like to do while on the cruise and while in port (St. Kitts, Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, St. Barths and St. Martin). What things are "don't miss this" vs. "don't bother"? Ship excursions vs. on you own and how to plan for that? The only thing we know we want to do is the trip to the Baths.

What is a typical day like on board? If you don't go on an excursion or exploring on your own, what do you like to do? Other than the beach bar-b-que, which I think I saw is on Prickly Pear off Virgin Gorda, will the ship be moored where the tenders can take you to a local beach? What is the water sports platform like and what is there to do? Do you go back to the ship for lunch?

It is just such a new experience for us, I am not sure what else to ask, so feel free to offer advice you think we need. Thanks so much!

Betty & Bruce

We have done 12 Windstar cruises and have never been disappointed. The Staff is second to none in taking care of you while onboard, and the food is very, very good.

St Kitts is a nice place to visit. There are nice beaches and you can easily walk to the heart of the city from the pier, to do any sight seeing or shopping.

Jost Van Dyke is a great place to swim, snorkle, and just hang out. Must see! Foxey's! He is an Island legend when performing. Across the Island, reached byeither walking or taxi is White Bay for swimming and snorkeling, with a beautiful white, sandy beach, at Sand Castle, home of the famous Pain Killer.

The Bath's on Tortola are great and St Bart's is home to the rich and famous. Yachts everywhere, and nice but very expensive shopping. If you need to purchase some wine for onboard, there is a local Super Maarket on the main street, at reasonable prices.

Hope this helps a wee bit- Enjoy!

Archived