San Pedro hotel prices/Priceline

jlocole

Both the CP and Doubletree do a lot of wedding business. It is risky but it might be better to wait to closer to the date you want than bidding months in advance.

Mine is less than a month a way. Since I have reservations on hold that I cancel within 24 hours of that day I'll still bid up into 24 hours before. But bidding again no dice up to $75 in either San Pedro or Long Beach.

I just have to decide if I should stay in Long Beach at a similar class hotel to the San Pedro CP for $25 less - which will basically be my cab fare.

Mine is less than a month a way. Since I have reservations on hold that I cancel within 24 hours of that day I'll still bid up into 24 hours before. But bidding again no dice up to $75 in either San Pedro or Long Beach.

I just have to decide if I should stay in Long Beach at a similar class hotel to the San Pedro CP for $25 less - which will basically be my cab fare.

What are you considering "similiar class" to the Crowne Plaza. Most (not all) of the hotels in LB are nicer. The CP is okay but older and a little more run down than the LB hotels. LB has done a lot of work over the past few years to fix up their waterfront, Pine Av, convention business, etc. As a result, there is more competition amongst hotels so they tend to be nicer. The exception (IMO) would be the Hilton. It is on the edge of town (just off the Vincent Thomas Bridge) and is not as well kept as the others. It will cost you to park at most of the major hotels in LB.

What are you considering "similiar class" to the Crowne Plaza. Most (not all) of the hotels in LB are nicer. The CP is okay but older and a little more run down than the LB hotels. LB has done a lot of work over the past few years to fix up their waterfront, Pine Av, convention business, etc. As a result, there is more competition amongst hotels so they tend to be nicer. The exception (IMO) would be the Hilton. It is on the edge of town (just off the Vincent Thomas Bridge) and is not as well kept as the others. It will cost you to park at most of the major hotels in LB.

Yes, ironically I was referring to the Hilton. Wont have a car so issue is the cab fare b/c no free shuttle to San Pedro.

Yes, ironically I was referring to the Hilton. Wont have a car so issue is the cab fare b/c no free shuttle to San Pedro.

Good thing you don't have a car. The parking structure at the Hilton is horrible!

Will you be staying at the hotel for long or is it just a place to sleep? If you are going to do dinner or want to walk around town, I would check to see if the Hilton has a free shuttle to Seaport Village. If so, the whole shoreline area (beach, aquarium, Queen Mary, etc) is a nice area to spend the day.

The Hilton is a longer walk (relative to the other hotels) to Pine Av where the restaurants and shops are located.

Good thing you don't have a car. The parking structure at the Hilton is horrible!

Will you be staying at the hotel for long or is it just a place to sleep? If you are going to do dinner or want to walk around town, I would check to see if the Hilton has a free shuttle to Seaport Village. If so, the whole shoreline area (beach, aquarium, Queen Mary, etc) is a nice area to spend the day.

The Hilton is a longer walk (relative to the other hotels) to Pine Av where the restaurants and shops are located.

Would you suggest staying at the Crown Plaza instead even if its a little more because of the shuttle and the proximity to the Royal Caribbean pier?

Archived