Transportation from Port to Hotel at the Rialto Bridge, and Rialto Bridge to Airport.

hrcomstrbl

Hi,

The more I read about the transportation, the more I'm getting confused! I will be arriving at the Venice Cruise Port on RCCL ship and want to go to a Hotel near Rialto Bridge. I am thinking of getting the 48 hour ACTV pass. Should I take a taxi from the port to Plazza Roma, and then get the ACTV Vaporetto to Venice? I will have a regular suitcase, and a small carry on clipped to that, can I take them on the Vaporetto? I've read that you ca n only have one suitcase. Is there a better way to do it? Water Taxi would be nice, but too expensive! Can I get the Alilaguina boat right at the cruise port? I can't use the ACTV Pass for that...right?

I also need Transportation from Rialto Bridge to Airport. Can I get the ATCV Vaporetto at Rialto Bridge to the Airport?

Like I said...I'm confused! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

I will be arriving at the Venice Cruise Port on RCCL ship and want to go to a Hotel near Rialto Bridge. I am thinking of getting the 48 hour ACTV pass. Should I take a taxi from the port to Plazza Roma, and then get the ACTV Vaporetto to Venice? I will have a regular suitcase, and a small carry on clipped to that, can I take them on the Vaporetto? I've read that you ca n only have one suitcase. Is there a better way to do it? Can I get the Alilaguina boat right at the cruise port? I can't use the ACTV Pass for that...right?!

You could do the taxi to vaporetto route, or you could take the Alilaguna Line M to San Marco and either switch to the vaporetto or simply walk to Rialto (it's not far). If you choose the ACTV vaporetto option, you can take your luggage on. And no, you cannot use an ACTV pass on Alilaguna. Alilaguna web site: http://www.alilaguna.it/index.en.html

I also need Transportation from Rialto Bridge to Airport. Can I get the ATCV Vaporetto at Rialto Bridge to the Airport?

If you look at the Alilaguna map (http://www.alilaguna.it/pdf/alilaguna_routes2009.pdf), you'll see that the Orange line (Linea Arancio) goes from Rialto to the airport. The ACTV vaporettos do not go to the airport. Vaporetto route map: http://www.hellovenezia.com/jspvenezia/htmlincludes/pdf/muoversi.pdf

Hi,

The more I read about the transportation, the more I'm getting confused! I will be arriving at the Venice Cruise Port on RCCL ship and want to go to a Hotel near Rialto Bridge. I am thinking of getting the 48 hour ACTV pass. Should I take a taxi from the port to Plazza Roma, and then get the ACTV Vaporetto to Venice? I will have a regular suitcase, and a small carry on clipped to that, can I take them on the Vaporetto? I've read that you ca n only have one suitcase. Is there a better way to do it? Water Taxi would be nice, but too expensive! Can I get the Alilaguina boat right at the cruise port? I can't use the ACTV Pass for that...right?

Like I said...I'm confused! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks![/quote

First read http://www.europeforvisitors.com/venice Then buy a decent map of Venice. Thirdly, enjoy it- it is fun no matter how you do it.

To break it down, first you need to get to Piazzale Roma. There are 5 possibilities 1. People mover, an elevated tram 2 minutes 1 euro. Trouble is it may not be quite ready. 2 Ship's shuttle if they have one. 3. Taxi- 3 minutes price negotiable. 4 ACTV bus no 6/ Price included with vaporetto pass. Note the slash after the 6. Choice 5 walk -not recommended- we did it without luggage and it wasn't fun.

Then you can take the no 1 vaporetto to Rialto. If your hotel is on the St. Mark's side of the bridge, you will want to get off at Rialto. If you are on the other side of the bridge, you are better off at the market stop or San Sylvestro stop on the San Polo side of the Grand Canal. Your amount of luggage is alright. To the airport from Rialto, the alilaguna boat is a good bet. If you google alilaguna venice you wil find the right route. It is also posted above. There are other possibiliies via Tronchetto or St. Marks but I don't want to confuse you further. Remember to get the map.

Finally, I would suggest that you do yourself a favor and share a water taxi directly from the cruise terminal to your hotel. The incremental cost is worth it and if you share with 2 other couples, the cost is reasonable.

Archived