Princess TV Commercials

cruisingfreak

We live in NJ, but get TV stations in the NYC & also Philadelphia area.

All I ever see are Carnival, RCL & Celebrity commericials. Never Princess.

Does Princess advertise outside of this area? We see the print ads in the paper for ESCAPE, but never on TV anymore.

Minette

This sounds like a good thing to me --- Princess ships are generally full, so they must be accomplishing this by word of mouth and satisfied past customers ---- sort of like a good restaurant who never needs to advertize.

This sounds like a good thing to me --- Princess ships are generally full, so they must be accomplishing this by word of mouth and satisfied past customers ---- sort of like a good restaurant who never needs to advertize.

I see many of their ESCAPE ads in travel magazines & newspapers.

Minette

I was watching tv today and saw a Princess ad. I think it was either the Travel Channel or the Golf Channel. Maybe network tv is just too expensive. Or maybe they wait till the weather is awful so they really get lots of return on the advertising dollar. We just got back on Wed. from the Dawn Princess, and I'm so glad we weren't traveling this week-end. We are having a blizzard now--it's just so good to be home! LOL!;)

Their theory used to be (not sure if it is still true) that their passengers booked their cruises through a TA so they should emphasis their promotions to travel agents and win the travel agents over so that the agents will then steer their clients to Princess.

cruisingfreak - I haven't caught the song but it is a nice change from "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".

I can just see if Princess does have commercials - it will show passengers on the open deck eating a candle light dinner being served by Wait Staff with white gloves while off to the side, the chefs are making the food right in front of the passengers.

cruisingfreak

I can just see if Princess does have commercials - it will show passengers on the open deck eating a candle light dinner being served by Wait Staff with white gloves while off to the side, the chefs are making the food right in front of the passengers.

You are right Coral. Just like the phoney pictures they have in their brochures. Isn't everyone served dinner like that? LOL!

Minette

The videos Princess shows on the ship at Future Cruise presentations are excellent. Princess does have the potential. The sad part is that Princess used to be the name people thought of for cruise ships. Now if someone asks a noncruiser about cruise lines, they immediately think of Royal Caribbean and Carnival. The Princess Love Boat connection doesn't seem to work anymore.

We have noticed that many passengers on Princess ships have cruised Princess before. My theory is they don't have to advertise as they have so many satisfied customers. We tried 2 other lines before dixcovering Princes and have stayed with Princess.

The videos Princess shows on the ship at Future Cruise presentations are excellent. Princess does have the potential. The sad part is that Princess used to be the name people thought of for cruise ships. Now if someone asks a noncruiser about cruise lines, they immediately think of Royal Caribbean and Carnival. The Princess Love Boat connection doesn't seem to work anymore.

I saw some filming being done last Dec. 2003, while on a Panama Canal cruise, on the Coral.

Minette

We have noticed that many passengers on Princess ships have cruised Princess before. My theory is they don't have to advertise as they have so many satisfied customers. We tried 2 other lines before dixcovering Princes and have stayed with Princess.

Also can purchase Future Cruise Credits, while onboard, which helps attract more passengers.

Minette

Only have seen the NCL America ("Let's go Island Hop) and two different Carnival ones (the older and younger couples) in Los Angeles area. I usually just see broadcast stations as I get stuck with the kitchen tv that's not connected to cable. I can see Princess not wishing to advertise during "The Amazing Race" as it's sponsored by another line (RC, I think) but maybe they should consider one of the adventure oriented reality shows to show spots on. Or is Princess just cocky that they can fill up their ships without tv spots? I used to work at the ad agency that handled Princess years and years ago but I worked on the print side so I don't know what their entire media campaign consisted of but Princess did run lots of newspaper and magazine ads (I worked on the senior citizen pubs).

Archived