Anyone took a taxi to Totou Gorge? How clear is water in Barbados turtle swim?

gam888

Titou Gorge is where we are the most interested in visiting in Dominica . Has anyone done that? I am a non swimmer so probably don't want to swim through the cold water into the cave, How strong is the current? Saw some neat footages on You-tube. Can you take a taxi there? Wonder how much someone would charge? But then, if all of us go into the water, no one will be guiding the cameras. Would not feel comfortable trusting the taxi drive stranger to guide our cameras when we all go into the water! If we don't see the crowded waterfalls I can live with that. My daughter wants to see Titou Gorge cos she likes the Private of Caribbean movies.

Think we are going to book El Tigre for the swim with turtles tour. Does it rain in Barbados in March? Heard some people did not enjoy their tour cos water was murky. We really liked our swim with stingray tour in Grand Cayman but know I can't expect the same environment. How clear is the water in Barbados where they take you to swim with turtles? How deep is the water?

Think we are going to book El Tigre for the swim with turtles tour. Does it rain in Barbados in March? Heard some people did not enjoy their tour cos water was murky. We really liked our swim with stingray tour in Grand Cayman but know I can't expect the same environment. How clear is the water in Barbados where they take you to swim with turtles? How deep is the water?

March is one of the driest months of the year in the caribbean. It is smack dab in the middle of our dry season and we are having an EXTREMELY dry season this year.:(

Just an aside...the title of your post is very misleading, I had come on here to direct you the appropriate are for your response as I knew of no such place in Barbados

Just back from my cruise and in Dominica I used Bumpiing Tours to visit

Titou Gorge and the waterfalls. I highly recommend them. The roads are probably the worst I've seen but felt totally safe with them''.

Well worth the roads to see the scenery and visit the sites. They had not had any rain for a few months so the gorge was very calm and definitely recommend going in.

Not really a current I could feelwhen we were there and they gave us life vests to wrap around our waist. Great fun. One of my favorite islands and tours.

The tour to visit Titou/volcano/waterfall and snorkel at Champagne was $41, great deal.

http://www.bumpiingtours.com/

Have fun what ever you do. The islands are magnificent.

Nan

Archived