Looking for thread or news?

G&TQ

In the last couple of weeks there was a thread asking what John Heald might have ment in his blog about news coming of a change in the way they sold photos. I thought I had subscribed to it. I can not find the thread or the blog. Does anyone remember? I have searched and not found anything. Would love to know what the change was.

In the last couple of weeks there was a thread asking what John Heald might have ment in his blog about news coming of a change in the way they sold photos. I thought I had subscribed to it. I can not find the thread or the blog. Does anyone remember? I have searched and not found anything. Would love to know what the change was.

The price increase for June, July and August sailings.

Up to 5% and this is because of record number of bookings.

Book before March 22 to avoid the increase.

(although, the cruise we have booked for July went up about $75.00

a day or so after the announcement.:confused:)

They are working on a system that would allow you to review photos electronically... in other words... getting rid of the current picture gallery system.

You would be able to locate your photos by your folio number, presumably, and select the ones that you would like to purchase.

It's a win-win-win system. You can find your pics without shuffling through hundreds of folks who all look like you... Carnival doesn't have to spend thousands of dollars on printing photos that will end up in the trash and all that space that was the photo gallery can serve another purpose...

:)

They are working on a system that would allow you to review photos electronically... in other words... getting rid of the current picture gallery system.

You would be able to locate your photos by your folio number, presumably, and select the ones that you would like to purchase.

It's a win-win-win system. You can find your pics without shuffling through hundreds of folks who all look like you... Carnival doesn't have to spend thousands of dollars on printing photos that will end up in the trash and all that space that was the photo gallery can serve another purpose...

A la Disney! Good to see Carnival is looking into something that works!

A la Disney! Good to see Carnival is looking into something that works!

I suggested that to corporate years ago and looks like they will finally get out of the horse and buggy era on this issue. Really have to wonder what the CCL bean counters spend all there time on when there are obvious areas they can cut costs WITHOUT affecting their customers.

Thanks everyone!

Tenga1899 - that is the thread I was looking for! You are wonderful.

Now if only they will roll it out before my cruise. I hate looking for photos and if DH did not go and look we would never buy any. I am sure we missed some we would like.

I can't believe they waited this long to institute what is sure to be a monumental cost-cutting process! Maybe they will repeal that price increase as a result. :p

I can't believe they waited this long to institute what is sure to be a monumental cost-cutting process! Maybe they will repeal that price increase as a result. :p

Price cuttin? Yeah right! As much as I'd love to see that happen....

They'll probably use it for selling shore excursions, booze or spa treatments.

BTW: Are Carnival employees also called, Carny workers?

Carnies. Yes!

Mach, that sounds like a good plan. Any idea on when it might be rolled out?

No, not really.

There would have to be quite a bit accomplished before such a service could be implemented. A darn big server to host the images and some flavor of tweaked software package to allow folks to browse images come quickly to mind.

I'd love to see it implemented before we sail on the Conquest this fall!

No, not really.

There would have to be quite a bit accomplished before such a service could be implemented. A darn big server to host the images and some flavor of tweaked software package to allow folks to browse images come quickly to mind.

I'd love to see it implemented before we sail on the Conquest this fall!

Yeah - my guess is that it will be linked through the new "fun hubs" .....

If they change this, I may be more inclined to buy pictures. Last year we bought a few as Christmas gifts for others, but it is a pain having to remember where you had your picture taken to find it later. Also, I am sure my picture was taken a few times when I did not pose, therefore never thought to look for it, but if they were all put together digitally by folio, I may happen to find something I was not looking for. It would be nice to change the photo gallery to something else as it gets crowded when you are trying to walk through as people are looking at the pictures and do not notice others are trying to pass through.

Archived