What to do in Belize?

LarCourt

We used Hammerhead Water sports for a snorkel trip.....It did take all day, did not get to see Belize at all.......However, the snorkel trip was awesome........met them at the docks, approx. 45 min ride to reef, snorkeled for approx. 1 hour, well organized, gueides the whole way...after that we went to lunch (included in package) Cay Caulker island......cool little island...no shops though.....just houses, no cars, bikes only.......then we went back to the reef in a different spot....it was sting ray haven.....AWESOME........could not believe it....... 3' of water and hundreds of sting rays........We did not book through Carnival.....just found them from this site.......We paid $65pp........(2 years ago) http://www.coralbreezetours.com

• 2 months later...
Belize is my favorite stop in the Caribbean. We've been there twice- a few years ago we did cave tubing with cave-tubing.com and last week we did the NCL ship's excursion to Lamanai. That was an excellent day and my family of four (DH, DS (24) and DD(11) all loved the boat ride and seeing the ruins. I thought the country looked more prosperous than Roatan or some other places we have visited. Next time we're going to try some snorkeling there because I have heard that it's fabulous.

Thanks for the info. We are looking at the Lamanai & New River Safari on the NCL Spirit next March. I assume this is the shore excursion you are talking about. None of the reviews mention the lunch. Can you please tell me what is included? Also, are there places along the way to buy water bottles, or should I bring a couple with us?

Any other hints or suggestions would be great.

Archived