What to do in Belize?

LarCourt

Been reading posts for months and nothing really jumps out for our stop in Belize this summer on the Carnival Legend. Not up for the tender ride into the port and back out for an excursion. Has anyone been on the barrier reef snorkel at turneffe with the beach break. That sounds okay, since they pick you up right at the ship for the excurision. Sent Carnival an

email asking what beach they go to......but the answer was that they did not know and it was up to the CPT for that day on what beach they will go to......Okay. We would love to snorkel in Belize. Just not sure where to

do it.......the Turneffe excursion or maybe the Groff's caye trip.... Thanks...:confused:

Stay in 6144... Cayman was canceled still trying to figure that one out. One lady said she had been 3 times and never got to see the Cayman Islands. Would never sail on a ship Jen the Cruise Director is on. Her voice is soooo annoying. Had early dining and the food was so average. Excursions canceled in Cozumel due to weather. The only fun was Roatan and that day they only give u a few hours to enjoy. The ship rocked and rolled almost the entire trip. The entertaiment was not good at all we got up and left the last show. Belize was so dirty and did not feel safe, Cozumel to touristy, Roatan I will return and visit just not with Carnival. I think the ship was very unsanitary. 2.00 for a coke??? It's money, money money. never again.

Stay in 6144... Cayman was canceled still trying to figure that one out. One lady said she had been 3 times and never got to see the Cayman Islands. Would never sail on a ship Jen the Cruise Director is on. Her voice is soooo annoying. Had early dining and the food was so average. Excursions canceled in Cozumel due to weather. The only fun was Roatan and that day they only give u a few hours to enjoy. The ship rocked and rolled almost the entire trip. The entertaiment was not good at all we got up and left the last show. Belize was so dirty and did not feel safe, Cozumel to touristy, Roatan I will return and visit just not with Carnival. I think the ship was very unsanitary. 2.00 for a coke??? It's money, money money. never again.

Sounds like cruising is not for you! Why don't you post a review instead of hijacking someone's thread?

Murph

Legend is one of our favorite ships and this Itinerary was one of our favs, we had zero complaints or issues on this one.

The ship was beautiful and the staff terribly friendly.

If you don't like a cruise directors voice then why go to the talks?

On all the cruises we've been on the cruise director never made or broke the trip for us.

Anyone that does research knows that the ship may not tender in Grand Cayman because if the seas are rough it's dangerous to tender.

The ship was sparkling clean when we sailed her and I would go again in half a second.

What does this have to do with the question asked?

What does this have to do with the question asked?

Thank you! I am still waiting for comments that actually pertain to the question asked. Thanks for those that actually answered the question.

I am still looking for excursions in Belize. :D

J:)Y

Been reading posts for months and nothing really jumps out for our stop in Belize this summer on the Carnival Legend. Not up for the tender ride into the port and back out for an excursion. Has anyone been on the barrier reef snorkel at turneffe with the beach break. That sounds okay, since they pick you up right at the ship for the excurision. Sent Carnival an

email asking what beach they go to......but the answer was that they did not know and it was up to the CPT for that day on what beach they will go to......Okay. We would love to snorkel in Belize. Just not sure where to

do it.......the Turneffe excursion or maybe the Groff's caye trip.... Thanks...:confused:

Here are a few links to view, they were posted on our roll call page:

http://www.greendragonbelize.com/belizetours.html

http://www.tourbelize.bz/tours/index.php?categoryID=567

http://shoretrips.com/common/search3.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=BZE

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/BelizeShoreExcursions.htm

We decided on the lost world canopy tour, look's like fun! :)

I would love ideas too.

Anything except cave tubing. That has no appeal to me.

I was thinking about the "river" boat ride to the ruins.

Snorkeling sounds great tho.[/quot

We did the river tour a couple years ago and were not impressed. The bus ride to the boat was a depressing trip through the city to look at all the squalor.

The boat trip was in an open boat with no sun protection over us. To compound it, the temp was hotter than you know what, and it became one long test of endurance. The price for the fun trip has pretty hefty and the whole experience really soured us on shore excursions.

There were no options for lunch. We stopped at a roadside 'restaurant' and were forced to eat there or do without. The food was high priced, and mediocre to poor quality with questionable sanitation.

I know there are some beautiful places in Belize, but this was not one of them. If I ever end up there again, I'll stay on the boat.

In all our travels, this was the worst excursion/ place to visit ever. Other ports such as Cozumel are great destinations.

We did an excursion last year, a snorkel/beach break that went out to the barrier reef and then to Ambergris Cay for lunch/beach/shopping. Great excursion. They picked us right up from the ship so we didn't have to tender into belize city. Good snorkeling, pretty decent current but tons of fish/rays/reef. Had a nice(included) lunch at a nice bar in Ambergris Cay. They Cay is maybe two miles long, mostly just golfcart traffic, tons of dive shops, bars, pretty cool and fnky place. Walked around, saw some sights. Back to the boat for free rumpunch and beers and a nice long sail back to the ship. I would recomend this excursion.

Thank you! I am still waiting for comments that actually pertain to the question asked. Thanks for those that actually answered the question.

I am still looking for excursions in Belize. :D

J:)Y

We stopped in Belize last April and did cave tubing. It was fun, nothing extraordinary. I was cold. I hate being cold.

If we stop at Belize this time, I will probably stay on the ship. I don't feel like spending a couple hundred dollars on a river tour, the zoo, etc., and we have already seen ruins in Costa Maya. If you haven't seen ruins before, maybe consider Altun Ha combined with a river tour.

The only place I shopped at all on my last cruise was in Belize. We bought some rum and I got a beautiful necklace/earrings set.

Thanks Elcuchio24 for that information. Do you have the name of that excursion you went on in Belize?

I believe it was Stinkray Snorkel and Amergris Cay. Unfortunatly I don't see it listed on the carnival ship approved shore excursion page now. Not sure if you can find it elsewhere on a non-cruise sanctioned excursion page. BUT from what I just read the Turnereffe snorkel/beach break looks almost exactly the same, maybe they just tweeked it and changed the name, that would be the one I would go after for sure. It really is some of the nicest snorkeling around, and such a pretty area. Like one giant bathtub.

Belize is my favorite stop in the Caribbean. We've been there twice- a few years ago we did cave tubing with cave-tubing.com and last week we did the NCL ship's excursion to Lamanai. That was an excellent day and my family of four (DH, DS (24) and DD(11) all loved the boat ride and seeing the ruins. I thought the country looked more prosperous than Roatan or some other places we have visited. Next time we're going to try some snorkeling there because I have heard that it's fabulous.

We did the River Wallace/Ruins trip a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We did have the boat part of the trip first, and it was beginning to get warm. We commented that we were glad we were on the water first. When we were at the ruins it was VERY hot. But we still enjoyed the excursion. (We did not eat at the lunch stop, waiting until we got back to the ship to eat for free! :) )

Archived