Minute Steak Sandwiches on Grill

pcrum

Hi:

We were on the Triumph 11/08 (Thanksgiving week) and at the grill by the aft pool they did hamburgers and minute steak sandwiches on french bread. They also served fries and had onions and mushrooms to top off your steak sandwich or burger. Since then, we have been on the Miracle and Glory and did not see the minute steak sandwiches anywhere. My question is, has anyone seen these on any other ship or are they gone forever (maybe one of the cutbacks?).

They've been on all of the ships that I have cruised on in the past, and yes they are good. I hope that people have just overlooked them, and they are not be phased out.

You were on the same Miracle cruise I was on last March. Where did you find them there?

They are not really the minute (ie., philadelphia cheese steak) sanwiches...more like a thin sirloin. If I missed them on the Miracle, I'm going to be very upset! I asked at the Lido deck, but there was a bit of a language problem and I was either directed to the grill or the deli, neither of which had them when I went.

There were grilled chicken sandwiches on the Fantasy in November. You had to wait longer as the burgers were there and ready, and the grilled chicken was made to order, but it was there.

On Victory this past Jan there were grilled chicken burgers (by request) but no steak sandwiches.

OSJ

Hi:

We were on the Triumph 11/08 (Thanksgiving week) and at the grill by the aft pool they did hamburgers and minute steak sandwiches on french bread. They also served fries and had onions and mushrooms to top off your steak sandwich or burger. Since then, we have been on the Miracle and Glory and did not see the minute steak sandwiches anywhere. My question is, has anyone seen these on any other ship or are they gone forever (maybe one of the cutbacks?).

We were on the Legend Feb 2010 and the grill was still there serving burgers, chicken fingers, fries, etc. but no "steak sandwiches". It would be nice if they offered those.

Used to love the minute steaks on Carnival....I grew up on minute steak sandwiches as a kid and still make them at home.....Yummmmmmmmm......

next time you are up, I'll buy you a cheese steak to go along with your crab fries from Chickie & Pete's. :D

You were on the same Miracle cruise I was on last March. Where did you find them there?

They are not really the minute (ie., philadelphia cheese steak) sanwiches...more like a thin sirloin. If I missed them on the Miracle, I'm going to be very upset! I asked at the Lido deck, but there was a bit of a language problem and I was either directed to the grill or the deli, neither of which had them when I went.

Hi!! I found them at the grill on Lido. Just went up and asked the grill cook. I had them at least twice while on the Miracle. Sadly it looks they are now a thing of the past, which is really too bad. I'll be on the Dream in a couple of months, I'll look then but it's not looking good.

Archived