Fort Lauderdale

Anyone tried getting to the port from Fort Lauderdale airport? Time/price/convenience wise, does it make any sense?

If you save $100 on airfare it makes sense. Cab is about $40 more each way compared to MIA. Travel time about 3 X. As long as you are flying in the day before the cruise it makes as much sense as MIA. Don't plan on a late morning flight out the day you return.

If you save $100 on airfare it makes sense. Cab is about $40 more each way compared to MIA. Travel time about 3 X. As long as you are flying in the day before the cruise it makes as much sense as MIA. Don't plan on a late morning flight out the day you return.

I have been trying to get transportation and they said $25 pp ( we are 4), but the opposite Port of Everglades to MIA. The last time we did this it was metered taxi. Did they stop the metered taxi and now make it a flat $64 ( $40 more and the $24 to MIA)? like the flat $24 to MIA? If it is a flat $64 than thats the way I will go.

Coming in the day of cruise use SAS, it's $16 per person. Coming in the day before, get a rental car from Dollar using Promo code KISSE, it's $37 for a day (includes tax and fees). Return it to the Miami airport, get free shuttle service to the POM.

Southwest is much cheaper for me (they don't fly to Miami), so I've been doing this for the last 4 cruises.

Supershuttle wants $100...SAS will not go from Everglades to MIA...rent a car is $40. Too bad the taxi is metered. I will never forget watching it my first time from FLL to a Miami hotel and it stop at over $115.

Sounds like you got the old long route. FLL site shows approximate cab fare $67 to MIA and $72 to South Beach plus tip.

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/Default.aspx

Sounds like you got the old long route. FLL site shows approximate cab fare $67 to MIA and $72 to South Beach plus tip.

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/Default.aspx

It was Thanksgiving day...he definitely abused us. NEVER again!

I am a planner. We were originally on a MIA flight and it was cancelled. They put us on an FLL flight. That would have never happened to me.

Last time we cruised we flew into FLL the day before and rented a car from National because I get a corporate rate through my employer. Regular rate would have been $100 plus for that one day!!!! (12/25 through 12/26, returning it 12/26) but we paid under $50. Now here's the secret....

if you are renting a car, only a few companies serve Port of Miami. These companies are listed on the POM website) so we thought we'd have to return the car to MIA airport and pay for a taxi because National is not one of these companies. HOWEVER, it turns out that, according to the National shuttle driver, National is owned by Alamo, who DOES serve POM so when we returned the car to MIA, the shuttle dropped us off at the Alamo facility and we hopped right on their shuttle and got a free ride to the Port.

As far as timing, we left FLL around 11 am or so, hit no traffic (it was 12/26), and were at the Port by about 1 pm more or less. We were lucky in that there was a shuttle ready to leave both at National and at Alamo. The Alamo shuttle was absolutely jammed and some of the people on the shuttle had been waiting for over an hour for their turn to board, so we got lucky--but anyone doing things this way needs to allow a bunch of extra time for this. It took us around 2 hours but if I had it to do over I'd probably allow 3 hrs plus if I were using a rental car shuttle.

Anyone tried getting to the port from Fort Lauderdale airport? Time/price/convenience wise, does it make any sense?

I just flew into FLL and was taken to the port of miami - I used SAS transportaton - $ 15.00 pp, they picked us up also in Miami, same price. Our flight home from FLL was 11:30 am - got there with time to spare.

Archived