Excursions In Ketchikan Question??

MontiD

We are scheduled for a fly-out fishing excursion from 10am-2pm, and our ship does not leave port until 7pm. We were wanting to go over to the Totem Village which I believe is a couple miles away. My question is: what would be a method of our transportation to the village? I tried to book the excursion with our cruiseline, but they are only offering 2 times, both of which we will be fishing. Is there a public bus or something that runs back and forth? Thanks!:)

Thanks Alaskandude. For the fly-out fishing, we are going through Michelle @ Island Wings for 1/2 day fly-out. We have not decided what type of fishing we'll be doing yet. Once we confirm with Michelle next month, I'm sure we'll get our plan in order. I have not got a clue about what to fish for, so my husband is going to be incharge of figuring out if he wants to try fly fishing, or what else will be availiable :) Thanks for your input! :)

alaskandude

thanks for the info on the saxman village tours off the dock. we wondered about that. and i know we will save money and get a great tour.

montiD--you will have a wonderful tour with michelle. i went with her and it was great. have a wonderful time. they pick you up right at the raingaige on the dock.

For clarification- Saxman Village really requires a guide so it is best to consider one of the MANY that are right on the cruise ship dock Visitor Center. Pricing running around $25++pp. Without the commentary you don't get much out of looking at the totems.

Archived